Friday 9 August 2013

Screens fall two by two, watchin' Winnie The Pooh

Yungstar and co's Screens "R" Fallin' is a bit of an anomaly in that it epitomises everything great about early '00s Houston Rap by bush league Screwed Up Click alumni when it doesn't particularly sound like a typical turn-of-the-century posse cut from second-tier S.U.C members. It's one of those songs which makes me feel I've been missing out by never having heard it until a few months back, but I can't make out a specific lyric during the first verse that's driving me nuts; at precisely 00:44 does Lil' James say "ballin' outta control and I ain't ten years old" or does he say "ballin' outta control at nineteen years old"?

"Ballin' outta control ___________ years old
Gimme the remote control, I seen this episode
Gas poured, pines blow when it's time to hit the road
Lil' James is the name, I put the T in Throwed!"


Yungstar ft. Lil' James, Lil' Flex & Pooh-Bear - Screens "R" Fallin'
(From Throwed Yung Playas Part 3 album; 2000)


Lil' James' being under the age of 18 is crucial to Screens "R" Fallin' (no Dids) since its whole premise is that Yungstar and his B.G. buddies are cruising around in spaceship cars and minivans watching cartoons and playing TurboGrafx-16 on some proto-Cosmopolis type shit, but how can Lil' James be a Baby Gangsta if he's 19 years old? Even more confusingly, how can a kid who "ain't ten years old" possibly sound older than Yungstar? This shit is an even bigger paradox than that bit in Soulja Boy's I Got Me Some BAPES video where he tells Arab he's just got back from his local mall with some new Bapestas when the Bathing Ape stores in NYC and L.A were the only places in America you could cop Bapestas from back then.

Speakin' of the S.U.C, how the hell do I download the studio version of Z-Ro's classic "Look Good" in studio freestyle off that new Tripolar EP of his that's only available to stream on Audiomack? *EDIT* Thanx to ANU :

Z-Ro - Look Good
(From Tripolar EP; 2013)

8 comments:

sisilafami said...

" how the hell do I download the studio version of Z-Ro's classic "Look Good" in studio freestyle off that new Tripolar EP of his that's only available to stream on Audiomack? "

you dl the whole thing :
http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/66371117/file.html

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Thx, ANU!

C said...

Yungstar's first album is a Houston classic.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

You think? I much prefer part 3.

Styles Palmer said...

Thnx for this "TV screens Ricki lake, Moesha's my date" is my new fav line

sisilafami said...

I would love to hear "Throwed Yung Playas Part 3"...
could anyone here help a salty brother out ?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I discovered the album via Spotify and then just bought the few songs I liked on it from the Amazon store, ANU. Lights, Camera, Action and Skillz 2 Pay Da Bills are the other jams, imo.

When I say I prefer Part 3 to Throwed Yung Playa, it's only a very minor compliment since I think that original Yungstar album is a downright awful glorified label sampler for the Straight Profit Records roster.

sisilafami said...

oh nevermind then, i wanted to trade it to you against the new asap ferg album though.