Friday 7 November 2014

Ayo Rey

FYI, I only clicked play on this new Caskey single because I remember you stanning for Anxious last year. This shit is like some infernal spawn of Machine Gun Kelly & Ryan Hemsworth as A&R-ed by Yams circa 2011/2012, and yet I've just listened to it 5 times in a row, and I'm about to rip the audio to see how it holds up in the ride on a cold november night with the steady drizzle obscuring my view in the side mirror every time I try to stare myself down in it like I'm Rocky in his Lamborghini after Drago snuffed Apollo:

Dawg, when the sun go down
"It's street justice
My homies turn into dream crushers
The pastor leave us alone but the codeine touch us"


Caskey - Sun Goes Down
(From teh internet; 2014)

5 comments:

step one said...

quite like this actually

Amor de Rey said...

Probably played Robyn Fly's, "Wipe My Ass" 50 times because of your suggestion. This is payback. Consider us even, breh.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

:)

Can't lie, I'm intrigued enough to check his next 'tape now offa this.

Amor de Rey said...

It feels a bit contrived (like you've stated). He's able to write hard raps with more nuance and humor. Might be better off fucking with his, "No Complaints" mixtape as opposed to whatever his backers have designed for him next.

I promise I didn't plan on being teh local Caskey advocate. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

*Cheers emoticon*

So apparently this is a pretty barefaced rip-off of this.