Friday, 18 September 2026

20 years, mang!

Young Dro - They Don't Really Know Bout Dro
(From Best Thang Smokin' album; 2006/YouTube; 2026)


A 20th anniversary video for one of the most anthemic album cut on Young Dro's first LP innit. I'm a fan of rappers shootin' belated music videos for a variety of reasons, the main one being that they give new leases of life to old favourites which have long since fallen out of your regular rotation. If bloggin' is a motorcycle, you in my sidecar with these dozen 2006 anthemic album cuts which also deserve 20th anniversary videos.

E-40 - Yay Area (2006)
AZ - Animal (2006)
The Jacka - Murder Somebody (2006)
Husalah - Sleep With Da Fishes (Boom Clack) (2006)
Bo$$ Hog Barbarians - You Got Mail (2006)
Mobb Deep ft. 50 Cent - Pearly Gates (2006)
Bailey - F**k Yo Couch (2006)
Birdman & Lil' Wayne - Over Here Hustlin' (2006)
T.I. - I'm Talkin' To You (2006)
Mr. Lif ft. Murs - Murs Iz My Manager (2006)
Field Mob - At The Park (2006)
Messy Marv - B (2006)

6 comments:

L.A said...

The Roots - Here I Cone
Clipse - Chinese New Year

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

That Roots song is surprisingly good.

Fred said...

Snoop Dogg - Crazy fr Nate Dogg is the first one that comes to mind.

Yo Gotti - Where I’m At would be a fun one to have a video for as well.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I was gonna say Snoop's 10 Lil' Crips, but then I remembered it already has a video.

Anonymous said...

The yearly Martorialist boost of Boss Hog Barbarians lol.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

🕛