(From unreleased; 1996 or 1997/The Man EP expanded reissue; 2023)
Whenever there's a release of shelved tracks by a 90s indie rapper, there's always one song on there which has you thinking "why on Earth did they not release this as a 12" single???" Rip It is funky enough to be a 45 King production and J.U.I.C.E could have been' rippin' stages at Scribble Jam and Scribble Jam alike with this track in the late 90s. More importantly, Rip It could have been a big choon in the racks at the Mr Bongo record shop. You disagree? Put your thoughts in park like jurassic.
3 comments:
This is great.
I'm only familiar with J.U.I.C.E from a handful of underground guest appearances from the early 2000s, like Binary Star's KGB. Ought to check out more of his stuff.
Start with this reissue IMHO.
Check out Tip of the Iceberg also
Post a Comment