Friday, 18 September 2026

20 years, mang!

Young Dro - They Don't Really Know Bout Dro
(From Best Thang Smokin' album; 2006/YouTube; 2026)


A 20th anniversary video for one of the most anthemic album cut on Young Dro's first LP innit. I'm a fan of rappers shootin' belated music videos for a variety of reasons, the main one being that they give new leases of life to old favourites which have long since fallen out of your regular rotation. If bloggin' is a motorcycle, you in my sidecar with these dozen 2006 anthemic album cuts which also deserve 20th anniversary videos.

E-40 - Yay Area (2006)
AZ - Animal (2006)
The Jacka - Murder Somebody (2006)
Husalah - Sleep With Da Fishes (Boom Clack) (2006)
Bo$$ Hog Barbarians - You Got Mail (2006)
Mobb Deep ft. 50 Cent - Pearly Gates (2006)
Bailey - F**k Yo Couch (2006)
Birdman & Lil' Wayne - Over Here Hustlin' (2006)
T.I. - I'm Talkin' To You (2006)
Mr. Lif ft. Murs - Murs Iz My Manager (2006)
Field Mob - At The Park (2006)
Messy Marv - B (2006)

No comments: