Wednesday 16 September 2020

Loyal T

"No, I don't think that you dumb
But I know what I woulda done
And I don't f*ck with no n*gga that blocked me from feedin' my son"


Mic Terror - Ride
(From The Rona album; 2020)



Dramatic piano banger alert! A song about some real shit which gets real specific about one of Mic T's ex-m8s at the end of verse one. Nowadays I don't give a f*ck about gossip unless it's a stock tip, but the aforementioned part of the song is a heartfelt explanation of why Mic no longer fuxwit his longtime producer Mano. Song hits hard because it's a universal concept with a dash of anecdotal personal context.

"But we be killin' shows like haters kills hoes
Got me throwin' out flows just like blowin' my nose"


Hollywood Holt & Million $ Mano - The Show
(From the internet; 2011)



Bonus Treated Crew beats: there's a buncha Mic Terror, Gzus Piece/White Gzus songs I wish had blown up, and then there's Hollywood Holt's best song here. Sometimes the obviously corny sample is the absolutely correct sample.

1 comment:

Dank said...

Pulp Fiction haha.