Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Choppa scream loud like a new born child

"Never do my brother like Of Mice And Men
I guess I'm dead wrong in this life of sin
Bitches get treatin' like recyclin'
Baby momma and her patna say I'm triflin'"


Ezale - One Job
(From One Job single; 2026)


Mobby Brackins returns proper for 2026 after the Make Her Gig video and a couple of cameos. One Job only took around three weeks from initial snippet to official audio, which is the equivalent of three days in Ezale time. Pleased to report that he's consistent as ever with his ToNHTe Show-core brand of Mob Music. Ezale only got one job, to make music I can post on this blog, can't call in Sic Wit Tis in his full time job.

Related: R.I.P to Tone Capone who produced some of the greatest NorCal Rap songs of all time plus some Rap-A-Lot Records favourites. I'm gonna pick Devin's Georgy as my underrated Tone production of choice, purely because it seems like everyone except me hates that song. In fact, I think Devin himself hates that song because I once read a message board post where some guy who'd gone to see Devin live bumped into him outside the club and asked him if he was going to perform it and Devin gave him the gas face.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love when a full song lives up to the promise of the snippet. So rare these days - Jmil

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

So true.

Anonymous said...

If Furl and Devin had done a song together, Tone Capone would've done the beat.

Anonymous said...

We might need a Devin the Dude playlist bro!!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

There's a Dre DVD where him and Devin are hanging out before a show together, so they were cool and had the opportunity to do a song 🙁

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I'm not that familiar with his post-Rap-A-Lot albums tbh.

The Big Sleep said...

Whoops, this was me. Didn't realize I wasn't signed in. For sure, the first Treal TV. That's a big reason why I brought it up. I got all the DVDs.

They could've made one hell of a weed anthem together.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

BigSleep - or a killer sex jam.

The Big Sleep said...

Oh them being funny on the track together would be great. A sex joint would make for a top notch b-side. I was just thinkin' smokin' because Capone had a penchant for big time stoner tunes. And they both have (/ had) a similar ear for beats.

If that's the only time they met then they didn't link up until 2002 or 2003 depending on when that was filmed and then of course Dre was dead before 2004 was over. But there was a small window there where we could've had somethin'.

I mean Devin goes back to the late eighties like Drevious, but I don't think he was really makin' moves outside of Houston until he started puttin' out solo material. And Al Boo Boo was locked up in the Lompoc lamp just prior to that anyway.

So even given maximum realistic overlap you still only get '98-'04, maybe a little earlier than that, but they were both cookin' in that whole era. If The Make It Happen Cap'n had lived, there was sure to have been a collab by now. Possibly multiple. *sigh* That's up on there on the what-if duo collabo wishlist for sure.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

They were so much on each other's wavelength that they both dropped albums with them sitting on the toilet on the cover in 1998.

sisilafami said...

Do people really hate "Georgy" ? This song is classic to me.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Basic-brain Rap fans always seem to call it "a skip" 😶

turd butt said...

it's not really a Tone Capone production though, it's pretty much entirely the MC Lyte track, what did he even do with it

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Turd Butt, different drums and a straight loop where the Lyte song goes into a different sample during the chorus. Devin song is way more smooth.

Fred said...

For post-RAL Devin:

One For The Road is fairly inequal, but has a couple tracks. I'd say the first track, I'm Just Getting Blowed is the best song on there though, which is always a bold move. There's also a lot of not-so-great choices production-wise on that album.

The 3 next ones though are all worth a listen, it’s like he updated his style to version 2.0, chilled-out smoked-out, funny-but-wise Devin, and it works really well. My fave of the 3 might be Soulful Distance, his latest one, I had this one on repeat when it came out, might have to throw it on tonight after work, ha.

Also RIP Tone Capone, he def has a handful of legit bangers, including this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDhSPPrrgvg

Celly Cel - Killa Kali was actually the first Bay album I listened to and my introduction to Mobb Music so this one has a special place in my heart.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I'm up on Soulful Distance. Good album.

turd butt said...

ok yeah now that I hear it

Anonymous said...

why the fuck is celly cel "not available in this country", holy shit our little cheeseburger picnic is over, wrap it up america

got in some fights on the city bus with that album on my headphones back in like 98