Sunday 31 January 2021

Generic list post: January 2021

Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when I 'ave mostly been listening to Operation: Doomsday and Black Bastards.

KMD - Scrambled Eggs (1991/2021)
Perfection ft. Snoop Dogg - Understand Perfection (1992)
Andre Nickatina - Nickatina Says (2000)
Hellboy Rodd ft. Rio Da Yung OG - Talk Yo Shit (2020)
Flo Milli - Roaring 20s (2021)
Stack Dough - Chicken (2021)
Cookiee Kawaii - Vacation (2020)
Jazmine Sullivan ft. H.E.R - Girl Like Me (2021)
Vybz Kartel - Yami Bolo (2020)

Other notables: I'm not particularly fond of Sauce Walka or drumless Rap songs so I'm surprised R.I.P Buddy made its way into my rotation; the Max B & Giggs song should have happened in 2009; listened to Duke Deuce's Soldiers Steppin' and came to the conclusion that I'm bored of his Crunk revival songs now; I'm assuming Kap G wrote Lil Nas X Holiday because the first time I heard it I genuinely thought it was a new Kap song; Thirstin Howl III's Return Of The Polorican is a better #Menswear advert than song imho.

Bonus beats: Edan deep cuts playlist.

9 comments:

Ben said...

Return of the Polorican is actually a pretty old song it was on his 2011 album Natural Born Skiller

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Damn.

Then again, Thirstin taking a decade to shoot a video for that is good going compared to the 22 years it took for Nice & Smooth to shoot the clip for No Delayin' 😄

Anonymous said...

Didn’t take you for a Jazmine Sullivan fan. What about that song specifically hits to you?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Dunno, it's just very pleasant to my ears ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

L.A said...

I am here for unreleased KMD

Yohan said...

That unreleased KMD is crazy. Great find!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

From a DOOM tribute show by Bobbito & Stretch.

you can't c me, right said...

I've been awaiting the DOOM tribute post - a guy can dream.

On the Vybz Kartel dancehall selection - have you been listening to any Intence and/or Skillibeng?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I struggled to come up with summat to say about DOOM. He walked on the moon during the 90's, was still amazing throughout much of the early noughties, and then became a hack who made music with terrible people and sold limited edition shoes and toys to saddo collector twats. Not that I begrudge him that - he'd earned his right to coast and he was the villain after all.

Skillibeng's Crocodile Teeth is decent. Only song I've heard of his.