Wednesday 13 June 2012

New York, New York

Thought this was gonna be my lucky day for new Rotten Apple Rap, but that new Eldorado Red track certain sections of the internet are going cuckoo for turned out to be a Jurassic 5 version of Money Boss Players over trendy Cloud-Rap beats, and the latest Troy Ave Bricks In My Backpack mixtape didn't offer me a single song worth keeping since it sounds like Young Roddy reciting French Montana lyrics over a Stalley album. Thus, I've had to return to couple of dope Harlem loosies from the past couple of months that've otherwise slipped through the cracks online to get my N.Y Rap jollies :

A-Mafia - Realest N*gga In My City
(From that internet; 2012)


Today's crap cinematic description of A-Mafia's music : that Jean-Claude Van Damme punching out the snake in Hard Target-Rap. I'm finding Mafia's "I'm ready to die..as long as I get my point across before I go!" declaration on this quite upsetting seeing as 2012 has already claimed two of my favourite weedcarriers of recent years. Please let A-Mafia live, God, and if you must insist on killing a Dipset third-stringer in the next 6 months then take 40 Cal instead as punishment for that time he ruined Dipset City.

Black Rob ft. Snaggapuss & Sadat X - Can't Make It In N.Y remix
(From that internet; 2012)


2011 blessed us with Snaggapuss and Black Rob together on that Bounce Squad beatjack of J. Beez Comin' Through (Bonus Beats), this year we're treated to a remix of one of the handful of good songs from the last Black Rob album featuring a Snaggapuss verse and a Datty X appearance. I can't believe Dru-Ha doesn't give B.R first refusal on all the good beats which pass through the Duck Down office because Roses should've been a Black Rob & Freeway emo-Rap classic instead of an aiight Smif-N-Wessun song with the eyewateringly cringeworthy lyric of "just think, if BIG and 'Pac made peace and you could say somethin' to both of them, then what would it be?" Personally, I'd ask messrs Wallace & Shakur if they could believe that such a bitchmade lyric had come from the group responsible for such an all time classic as Nothing Move But The Money.

8 comments:

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

The way Sadat says "there's Jews, lesbians, gays in New York" never fails to make me laugh.

Billy Patrick said...

What the fuck I had no idea that Lil Phat died until just reading this because I don't have internet access where I am. Whaaaat the fuuuuuck!

David said...

cant believe ur hating on that eldorado red, not only did a rapper in 2012 manage to reference mob style but that beat has no cloudiness & i feel like eldorado red has kept his name in the air w/ minimal worthwhile material (maxwell beatjack & guest spot on 'play your position' aside) that when he finally delivers its like an exhale of relief to give him some love

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He done died, Billy, and not even in Baton Rogue but ATL :(

David, like I said it's just Jurassic Boss Players with Mob Style, MCM suits, vials of crack and gold jewellery replacing da 4 elementz as its main signifiers. Plus, I automatically hate any song with Hip Hop in its title anyway.

Drew Huge said...

Black Rob tune is nice, but needs more mentions of New York.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Nobody does the recurring word/phrase Rap trick better than Black Rob, imo. Consequently Up North and Can't Make It In NY were my favourite songs on his last album.

Billy Patrick said...

Wait what are we going to do to mourn him properly? I'm legitimately sad.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I've already grown a Lil' Phat moustache in tribute to him.