Saturday 9 September 2023

So whatcha 'saine?

"Runnin' n*gga you ain't never been no boss
Talkin' real reckless when we know you soft
Boy, you a lame dude, shit knock off
And never pop out when the shit pop off"


Poe Whosaine - You Bad If You Thought Different
(From A1 Gone Sell Itself album; 2022/YouTube; 2023)



Another good random find: this is like Calvin-T's long-lost brother from Detroit or Sada Baby's funky-uncle from Oakland. Beat on this is so boingy you can bounce on it like a trampoline. All things considered, this shit deserves a place in my canon of favourite non-2023 Rap songs I've discovered in 2023. Dial M for Martorialist if you feel me, ya hear me?

Fab Five Freddy - Sucker M.C's freestyle (1983)
MC Lyte - I Cram To Understand U 1990 (DJ DOC remix) (1990)
Tung Twista - Back 2 School (1992)
Children Of The Corn - Fair One Part 2 (1994)
Big Pokey - Hardest Pit (1999)
Drama - Big Ball (2001)
Dizzee Rascal - Street Fighter (CDQ) (2002/2023)
Big Scoob ft. Celph Titled - Floss Filthy (2003)
Day Day Sustaaa - B.A.N.P (2022)
Lebra Jolie - What Kinda (2022)

6 comments:

The Big Sleep said...

According to Digga, Fair One Pt. 2 is from '94 (with Fair One Pt. 1 being one of the first songs they recorded, the year prior).

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Nice one. That makes sense.

Yohan said...

Damn how did you even find this song? Love me some Sada Baby so this one does a lot for me.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Something I learned today: this guy dropped his first EP in 1997 and it features Eminem's former best m8 Proof.

Fred said...

A real diamond in the rough this one.

I went and checked all the stuff on his youtube account, some of it also has a Nickatina meets Mystikal vibe. Is it like some old school Detroit OG who went thru some thangs and is now trying to get back to the rap thing?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yes, although I don't think he ever really stopped rapping.