Friday 13 January 2023

Sorta late pass: Coi blimey

Coi Leray - Players
(From Players single; 2022)



Ladies - rub on ya titties if you love Real Hip-Hop! The Message is truly timeless because Duke Bootee created a hot track which makes each successive generation melt like hot wax. Coi Leray's Players is the exact sort of nostalgia-bait pop-Rap I can't resist, the exact sort of nostalgia-bait pop-Rap I wanna hear when I'm out drinking in a generic high street bar, the exact sort of nostalgia-bait pop-Rap I hope inspires JayQuan to drop his full 40th anniversary of The Message documentar.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can’t believe someone as fine as Coi came from Benzino

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

😆 Arf!

Anonymous said...

The dj smallz jersey mix >>>

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Maybe if you're a TikTok zoomer. But I'm #TeamGenerationX so the original makes the most sense to me.

David said...

the original to me sounds like it could be idk ... a larry june song or something

the jersey mix is why it even has traction, it outperformed the original from the beginning. sped up the message is more interesting than slow the message imo

Spartan said...

That sample loop for Thief in the Night is 🔥.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

David, I don't care about TikTok traction.

Spartan, I concur.

David said...

just bc it has traction on tiktok doesnt make it 'fake' traction, thats just dumb

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I don't care which version teenagers are dancing to TikTok. This is the version I like, this is the version that's getting radio/TV play in the U.K.

L.A said...

I love this.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

There's another remix of it over Busta's Put Ya Hands Where My Eyes Can See which you'll probably like more 😆