Thursday 12 January 2023

R.I.P Nyquil

Pour out a little Baileys for Galen AKA Nyquil AKA Mike Menopause AKA Cobraswag AKA Snitchy Tycoon AKA a host of other names on the Rap Internet AKA the biggest Messy Marv fan I knew. Feared the worst when he vanished last year, and Jesse confirmed the bad news today. Gutted right now TBH. I've BEEN missing sending each other songs and him getting pissed at me for not liking all that trendy Stockton Rap and me getting pissed at him for not liking any New York Rap released before 1998. I hope Heaven got a half pipe and an Iomega hard drive full of Messy Marv albums & DVDs.

Touching tribute by one of his IRL m8s can be read here.

15 comments:

sisilafami said...

damn, rip.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Bummed 😭

hotbox said...

big rip to galen he was the type of internet friend who would message you hard for a few days then disappear for a month or 2 then repeat :(

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Perfect summary.

Unknown said...

Psyched to see some love for Galen and thanks for linking my little write-up. Missing dude

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

It's all luv.

One helluva guy - fly, Galen, fly.

David said...

aww man terrible news.

Ray Garraty said...

damn. rip.

crimedawgbylaw said...

So sad to hear. RIP to a real legend.

joezuph said...

this is really sad news. galen was incredibly kind, generous, and absurd. i got to hang out with him a handful of times and he was always super warm-hearted and based.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He was a one of one for real.

Thomas said...

Hey thanks for posting this. Just heard the news from Jesse this week. Really shitty to hear. I have a lot of good memories with him. The last time I heard from him was in 2021 when he made fun of my smile on instagram lol. He was one of my only friends in the Bay Area for the first few years I was there. Him and the online rap blog community really helped me keep my head above water for several years.

I hope you all are doing well.

-Thomas (100grandonmywrist)

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Oi oi Thomas.

I hope Galen is somewhere out there in the cosmos listening to Handsome by Feva, Husalah & Franchise.

Molloy said...

Damn that's a shame. Galen was essentially the only person ever commented on my Tumblr. I'd post up some Jinx Lennon or something and he'd be go on a binge of half the mans catalog. We'd some fun chats about other cultural oddities as well.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I love that other people have their own specific Galan experiences too 🖤