Thursday 19 January 2023

The Bintstones

"I be bustin' out the windows, got him switchin' up his cars
He won't find shit in my phone but them lil' pictures of his cards"


MoneyBagg Yo ft. Glorilla - On Wat U On
(From On Wat U On single; 2023)



Just when it looked like GloRilla was the latest victim of Rap's cosmetic dentistry curse, she forgets to floss and starts 2023 by comin' out hard (yes Eightball & MJG.) First there was MoneyBagg Yo's battle of the sexes single, and now there's this tag-team battle single with fellow Sisterhood of Hitkidd member Gloss Up. Gangsta Boo ain't dead, she just moved into Gloss Up & GloRilla's bodies on some spiritual miracle physical manifestation type shit. If there's a harder brawl music song/video combination than Best Frenn in 2023 then I'll eat my Mac Dre cap.

"Why these bitches hatin? I don't know, they gettin' shitted on
Ridin' 'til the wheels fall off like The Flintstones"


Gloss Up ft. Glorilla - Best Frenn
(From Best Frenn single; 2023)



One thing, though: I best not see any corny Poptimist Prime dullards from Pitchfork claiming that GloRilla steals either of these songs. She perhaps deserves co-billing on the MoneyBagg Yo track, but plz believe she delivers nothing more than an assist on the Gloss Up joint.

6 comments:

Rob said...

Glorilla and Gloss Up should be at next Wrestlemania

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Best Memphis tag-team since.....?

Yohan said...

I love both songs, happy to see GloRilla is (so far) not a flash in the pan.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I listened to Gloss Up's album this morning. Alas, the song with the Sisterhood of Hitkidd is no Shabooya, and Best Frenn is by far the best song on there.

Molloy said...

Uhh.. The Fabulous Moolah and Diane Von Hoffman? I'm not sure they'd be as good at grifting but this is a really good rap song nonetheless.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

R.I.P Mae Young 🖐