Monday 7 November 2022

Seiji Sun

Seiji Oda - She Go! (Ocaso)
(From Ora EP; 2022)



The rest of Seiji Oda's new EP is too wishy-washy singy for my taste, but this song is some Wavy flava for my ear. Only Seiji can make acoustic guitar Hyphy slaps for star-crossed lovers basking in the glow of a sea-front sunset. The first Bay Area Rap song you could play next to OMC's How Bizarre or wot? R.I.P to the Maori bloke with the cravat.

BTW, it's also R.I.P to Tame One from The Artifacts. The 12" they did on Rawkus Records under the pseudonym of Brick City Kids is one of that label's best bangers no IMHO necessary.

Brick City Kids - Brick City Kids
(From Brick City Kids 12" single; 1997)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurricane G just died too.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Damn.

Spartan said...

R.I.P Tame One and Hurricane G. Redman's world got a little smaller.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Protect Pacewon at all costs!

Fred said...

Man RIP Tame One. I know it's a style that's become played out over the years, but really their 2 LPs are peak 90's boom-bap. BARAAHP especially will forever have a special place in my heart.

Can't say I followed his post-2000 career closely but I always appreciated the fact that he kept at it somehow, trying differents things with various rappers and producers, like the 2 albums he did with Parallel Thought.

Should we also add protect Young Zee?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Of course. Protect all the Outsidaz but especially Pacewon since he made I Declare War.