Sunday 20 November 2022

WNC Whop Bez & Shaun

"Spit God on them pills and that's word to The Reverend
You ain't cut how I'm cut, son, I'm rollin' off 7
On them fire bitches like 2007
A n*gga just sold me like 2000 for 7
Then a n*gga bought 'em from me 2000 at 7
Oh my God that's a profit, them pills fell outta Heaven"


Spitta - Power Ranger
(From Belly album; 2022)



Checked in on Baton Rouge's Spitta for the first time in a while. Turns out he recently caught the Furley ghost of Jackie Chain's Rollin' and dropped a Mighty Morphin Power Rapper track about pills 'n' thrills and bellyaches. Must be something in that water because Baton Rouge pill tracks hit different than pill tracks from other regions. Song is twistin' my melatonin, maaaan - call it a Ruff Ryder.

Happy Mondays - Step On
(From Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches album; 1990)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard the good news? Neighbours is being resurrected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lBysnLpnrg&ab_channel=AdamMartyn

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I have. Plus, we're finally gonna get an archive of classic episodes available in the U.K.

Legends never die, they just come back on Amazon FreeVee (whatever that is.)

Spartan said...

😀 @ Shaggy trying to not laugh during that Shaun Ryder interview.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Very rare instance of Mark Lamarr being nice to someone he was interviewing.

Anonymous said...

Still play that Spitta song Runnin’ you posted way back in the day. His verse on that one is a favorite of mine

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

That was a good 'un. R.I.P Young Ready.

Man, nobody except me on the Rap Internet liked this song 🙁