Monday 26 September 2022

On yer bike

"I'm just tryna make my city pop
Diamonds dance like City-Pop
No wait - diamonds dance, do the diddy bop
She with the spiritual but she bad like Unalaq
Spirits drawing inspiration tryna copy, call 'em DoodleBob
Get drawn like cartoons
Get drawn like guns in saloons
Big water on me, bitch, I'm a lagoon
Stop talkin' like you bout it, just wolfin' to me boy, I been here for many moons"


Seiji Oda - City Pop 001
(From City Pop 001 single; 2022)



In this life it's a lotta lunar cycles, two wheels on a bike, it's one on a unicycle. File this alongside Ezale's Day Ones and P-Lo's Boomerang in the canon of music videos by AZN Bay Area rappers on bicycles. Seiji San finally goes full Japanese City-Pop to make the town pop. A little birdy tells me this shit samples Cindy's Watashitachi o Shinjite Ite.

True story: Seiji's Perfect Timing inspired me to watch Spirited Away. I'm not an Anime guy, but that's a weird and wonderful movie I could watch once a year when I need a dose of wholesome fantasy.

5 comments:

Smell Rell said...

This is wavy.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Feelin' Steve 'cause I got the blues, just tryna find the light in the darker hues.

Fred said...

Maybe one of my fave of his so far.

AZN Bay Area rappers on bicycles? 1 video, 2 videos, make it 3, call it a trinity.

Fred said...

Also rip Coolio 🪦 😢

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Sad news to wake up to 😭

Fantastic Voyage was just used in a big advert over here so I've been listening to him a lot again the past few weeks.