Tuesday 30 July 2024

Generic list post: July 2024

Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when the U.K said goodbye to Rishi Sunak & his famalam.

Hard Rock Soul Movement - Double Def Fresh (1986)
LARussell & P-Lo ft. Malachi - Who Else You Know (2024)
LARussell & P-Lo ft. D-Lo & Malachi - Yankin' (2024)
Kool John & P-Lo - Tip Toe (2024)
Seiji Oda - A Gentle Gigg (2024)
Seiji Oda - Last Summer (2024)
Eatem - Start It Off (2024)
Common & Pete Rock - All Kinds Of Ideas (2024)
Kurious - I Don't Even Exist (2024)
David Shire - Whatever Was Arranged (1973)
Keith Mansfield - The New Explorers (1987)
Keith Mansfield - Sunrise Technology (1987)

Bonus bloggin: 1nce again I'm gonna use my monthly wrap-up post to keep track of the best movies and TV shows I've been watching. * indicates rewatches dunnit.

Movies I watched and liked:
Sherlock Holmes and The House Of Fear (1945)
The Conversation (1974) *
Dreams Don't Die (1982)
It Follows (2015) *
A Quiet Place Part II (2020)
Getting It Back: The Story Of Cymande (2024)
Longlegs (2024)
MaXXXine (2024)

TV shows I watched and liked:
Prisoner: Cell Block H (episodes 114 to 131) (1980)
Neighbours (new episodes) (2024)
Saucy! Secrets Of The British Sex Comedy (both episodes) (2024)
Germany versus Spain (Euro 2024 match) (2024)

13 comments:

Yohan said...

Did you also catch Furiosa in the past few months and if so, would you agree it's a decent movie with some good/great scenes, but it's main draw is adding an additional layer to Fury Road?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I still haven't seen it.

Spartan said...

Big fan of Now and Then off that Common & Pete Rock collabo.

Watched the second episode of Saucy! Much of it is spent on Mary Millington's rise to fame and her troubles with the law.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I didn't realise that was on the C4 player thingy already.

Anonymous said...

The Conversation is an all timer

Anonymous said...

Big month for the Bay. If they have the most vibrant young rapper scene in America, what you think is the weakest? Imma say New York

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Anonymous 1, first time I've watched The Conversation in well over a decade and it was a 50th anniversary cinema screening.

Anonymous, probably Atlanta for me.

Anonymous said...

RIP Chino XL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWXDO7A8sy4

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I did enjoy his first album back in the 90s. R.I.P.

Yohan said...

Old new Max B (well, new to me at least), salvaged from a very meh collaboration with French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaYI-pxYVLk

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Good find.

Spartan said...

On the subject of Francis Ford Coppola, have you seen the new Megalopolis trailer with the hilarious fake critics' reviews trashing his past films?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I hadn't 😄