Sunday 26 March 2023

My Mind Spray 8.5

While Kool Keith's new song with Edan ain't bad, it's also not a patch on Edan's own Kool Keith homage Ultra '88.

With all due respect to Like A Martian by Lil B, this Mac Dre picture was the Bay Area's O.G "like I'm rad, like I'm Brad, like I'm Chad" moment.

Last year 70th Street Carlos deleted a buncha his classic videos from YouTube including Cross Me and Keep A Glock. A couple of weeks ago Eatem set his whole YouTube channel to private. When did Baton Rouge rappers become such temperamental luvvies?

More proof rappers are terrible judges of their own music: Dove from De La Soul didn't like Breakadawn. No disrespect to the dead, but that's the worst opinion I've heard from a rapper since Ad-Rock said Intergalactic is the best Beastie Boys song.

Thinkpiece guys - mark May 13th in your calendars as the 10 year anniversary of P.Rico's Gladiator. One of the 'ardest Chicago Drill songs ever or wot?

8 comments:

Ray Garraty said...

the new Kool Keith is solid

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

That's the only song I've checked.

Ben said...

That is pretty baffling Dove didn’t like Breakadawn that reminds of Scarface saying he basically hated all the Geto Boys albums in a complex article a few years back.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Really? Damn, that might be the worst Rapper self-assessment of all time.

Spartan said...

Way too short that Gladiator choon.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Innit.

"For your Momma leave your head in a mailbox" is such a 😬 line.

CliftonSantiagoTeleVasquez said...

In all fairness to the Baton Rouge rappers, mb there's legal woes.

Anyway still insane how "Welcome to Puerto Rico" is better than 95% of drill, from every corner of the world (and I like a lot of drill, to my detriment)

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Carlos' was definitely a "I'm sick of Rap and deleting my videos" tantrum.