Sunday 31 July 2022

Generic list post: July 2022

Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when male music critics embarrassed themselves by pretending to enjoy and have serious earnest opinionz about Beyonce albums again.

Cam'Ron ft. Lil' Cease - Hustler (1999)
Timbaland & Magoo ft. Attitude - Leavin' (2003)
Mac Dre & Zion I - Roll On Out (2007)
Stunnaman02 & DrewBanga - Wit' A Twist (2022)
Duke Deuce - I Get Crunk (2022)
Mr. 2-17 - Still Spaz'n (2022)
Z Money - Lyin' On Oath (2022)
Burna Boy ft. J Hus - Cloak & Dagger (2022)
Beabadoobee - The Perfect Pair (2022)
The Chats - I've Been Drunk In Every Pub In Brisbane (2022)

Other notables: GloRilla's Tomorrow is more like the B-Side to FNF (Let's Go) than it's follow-up single; here I was thinking we might get a Doja Cat X Homeboy Sandman collaboration and instead we got Lizzo X Quelle Chris & Chris Keys.

Further reading: me on my top 22 songs of 2022 so far, on why New Yorkers are terrible guardians of their own Rap galaxy, and on how a certain INXS song inspired a certain Prince song. Plus there's Party Sparty on the best Giallo soundtrack cuts. Oh, and then there's me again on my favourite TV show ever coming to an end.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

J-Hus back!!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Ain't it nice.

Spartan said...

Big fan ofThe Perfect Pair and 10:36 off Beatopia.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

The Perfect Pair is absolutely the best winebar-pop single of 2022. Kinda like The Cardigans made a mid 80s Style Council song.

L.A said...

Wow I hope Quelle Chris and Chris Keys got a nice cheque for that.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

They did. And a production credit.

Anonymous said...

Wait what’s wrong with BeyoncĂ©? Lol

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

No straight bloke honestly enjoys Beyonce's music beyond maybe a couple of singles from the early noughties. I doubt the gay blokes who are performative Beyonce stans actually listen to her albums.