Thursday 14 July 2022

Febreze the beat

Mr. 2-17 - Still Spaz'n
(From YouTube; 2022)



Revisiting some classic Mr. 2-17 got me checking out what he's been upto recently. Turns out he's been bobbing and weaving between the past with Soulja Boy tributes like Crank Dat Dance and the future with Jean-Michel Jarre Prog-Swag instrumentals like Still Spaz'n. Mr. 2-17 reckons this one is a #YeatTypeBeat; me, I'd prefer #AnyoneButYeat on it and would rather he lets the beat breathe as an instrumental forever ever.

Bonus beats: My pick for G.O.A.T instrumental which exists only on the producer's YouTube page because nobody's ever bought it? Gotta be this Trel Itz A Hit beat where he really let his nuts hang. Oi Trel - you came up outta that Bayou like a muskrat on this one.

Trel Itz A Hit - South Louisiana Swag
(From YouTube; 2015)


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need Rae Sremmurd on this one

Yohan said...

That Mr. 2-17 production is a slapper.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

If it goes to anyone then it should go to Duke Deuce.

Anonymous said...

https://youtu.be/elXENfyH1L4 New Slick Rick verse

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Not bad. Needs more beatbox tho!

Anonymous said...

This kinda sounds like some Young L shit

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Mercurian Slap!

Yohan said...

Tiny surprise, this just popped up on one of the blogs I follow:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gq876n3jdgmjuut/Royal_Rock_-_Pure_Pimp_%25281992%2529.mp3/file

Sound quality seems to be pretty great. I actually downloaded his 4-song 1992 EP, but I haven't checked it yet.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Permission denied 😭

Yohan said...

Damn, those algorithms take these links out way too quickly. Any way I can send the EP to you directly?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Give It another try on Mediafire? Might work if I can grab it fast.

Zippyshare definitely won't work because that's blocked in the U.K.

Yohan said...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j81q98ekig1jw0b/RRPotY.rar/file

Let me know if it worked this time.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

It's worked. Cheers 👍

Anonymous said...

New Flo Milli album is out

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Any good? Quite like PBC but the video intro for No Face is better than the song 😐

Yohan said...

As the president of the Flo Milli fan club, I gave this tape a first spin today. Based on pretty much everything she released since Roaring 20s and Flora The Explorer (2 songs I still really like), I had low hopes but she managed to surprise me. I'd say the album is a bit weaker than her first and I don't think it has the same quality highlights as Ho, Why Is U Here, but it's a solidly good tape nonetheless.

Highlights for me were PBC and Pay Day (with Rico Nasty). Also quite liked Conceited, Do It Better and On My Nerves.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I've been busy so I still haven't checked it.