Tuesday 18 January 2022

Wassup, Alice?

Scando The Darklord - Hexes & Jinxes
(From Hexes & Jinxes album; 2021)



Nef The Pharoah's San Francisco sidekick probably chose the name Scando The Darklord to stay on-brand, but my man's moniker makes it sound like he's a Black Metal bork who sacrifices Cats to Satan. The name he should have chosen is Blapstar The Second because that's precisely what he is in the pantheon of Mac Dre mini-me's. Here at The Martorialist we fux with with Hexes & Jinxes because it's a catchy little slice of Alright, Alice-core where Scando curses his ex with Voodoo and then coaxes his video-hoe into the Videodrome.

18 days into the new year and I prefer 2021 songs I've recently discovered to any 2022 shit I've heard so far. Talk about a dry January.

8 comments:

Ben said...

I doubt Snowgoons is welcome around these parts but there's an A-Mafia feature on there new album.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

A-Mafia goes Bork-Bap???

Free Mafia!

Spartan said...

That Videodrome trailer is better than most of the films I watched in 2021.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Movie directors should start talkin' shit like rappers.

"My trailer is better than your whole movie!"

Jmil843 said...

That link is yet another great Mac Dre song I’d never heard before

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

That's a Dre classic. I saw some Alright, Alice... t-shirts on Instagram recently.

nyquil said...

Would sport one

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Okay, Alice, pick me up from my palace, I know you know where that is.