Wednesday 19 January 2022

T.I. Vs. T.I.P. voice

T.I. - 24's
(From Trap Muzik album; 2003)



T.I. - Be Easy
(From Trap Muzik album; 2003)



T.I. - Rubber Band Man
(From Trap Muzik album; 2003)



I wanna talk to you, shorty, because you be trippin' sometimes. It ain't a doubt in my mind that Trap Muzik had one of the best singles trifectas of all time. Ain't shit harder than 24's; smarter than Be Easy; more heart than Rubber Band Man; don't argue with me, reader.

Coulda been a perfect quadruple if Let's Get Away wasn't the fourth single. What began as a smooth jam for hoes with gold teeth and hoes with good credit quickly became Tip's perversion on wax. My man put the T.I into T.M.I on that song. Damn, son - T.I. was Brad J in the streets but J. Cole between the sheets.

Never forget the Planez verse, never forgive it either.

8 comments:

Yohan said...

Great songs from a pretty great album. A lot of the album tracks also get a fair amount of burn from me.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Album also has one of my favourite closing trifectas:

Kingofdasouth
Be Better Than Me
Long Live Da Game

Yohan said...

Only bad song on that album is "Let's Get Away" and even that has its charms, like you pointed out. Only songs I'm kinda meh about are "I Still Luv You", "Let Me Tell You Something" and "T.I. vs. T.I.P.", the latter two being pretty alright anyway but not as good as any of the other tracks on Trap Muzik.

I don't think it's hyperbolic to say Trap Muzik could be as good as (but not limited to) Amerikkkaz, Paul's Boutique, Going Off, Illmatic, OB4CL, Street Gospel or It Takes A Nation if those tracks were either excluded or just a little bit better.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

T.I. Vs T.I.P is a classic!

Ben said...

T.I. was great until King which is where he pretty much switched his style up but What you know is a legit jam.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Unpopular opinion: Front Back was the best single from King.

Andrew Barber said...

even though everyone i know would say "Doin My Job" should've ben the 4th single, it really should've been "Look What I Got"

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Either!