Thursday 17 December 2020

AZ you were

"Down in the tombs 30 years can bring a n*gga to tears
Neutralised, numb and scared, can you imagine you there?
I'm elsewhere, my chick pussy pretty, shaved like a pear
Her derrière make a queer n*gga sit there and stare
This is the year, since the ball dropped been ballin' on top
Then came the Kobe death, Covid, and cops"


AZ - Different
(From Different single; 2020)



Son, who laced you with the ill Soul-crack? Been testing this one for the past week and my conclusion is that it's categorically the best original AZ song since We Movin'. Some non-fancy 70's baby New York Rap that's still flyer than Aladdin's magic carpet. Bite ya lip, let's hope Doe Or Die 2 sounds like this.

Be rude not to discreetly add this to my 2020 songs list.

14 comments:

Step One said...

Is he ever going to release a new album though?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He seems to be actively promoting Doe Or Die 2 now with this single and the one from a few months back.

step one said...

every video or loose track he drops has been promoting Doe or Die 2! This has been going for nearly 10 years now I think?

Yohan said...

Very nice single indeed. I also didn't mind his other track this year, this one's even better.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

😄 @ Unknown.

Tbf he does seem serious this time and now we're in the streaming era he probably doesn't have to worry about distribution etc.

Fuck, I hope that doesn't mean it'll only drop physically on some rare boutique $70 CD I only have a 10 minute opportunity to buy 😕

Fred said...

Was gonna post the same thing as unknown haha, not to be a naysayer though because I'd love a new album from him too, I'd be happy to even settle for a 7-track EP or something.

That one song he dropped back in May was great I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXkn5CAolE

Fred said...

Errata: wrong link, that song was much older (still good though), I obviously wanted to post that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzHk1mP3wY

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Re: Doe Or Die 2 - as Mayor Ed Koch famously said "tiiime will tell."

styles palmer said...

AZ is really proud of those Veja kicks huh

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

😄 I did wonder if they were Veja or Versace.

Anonymous said...

What are all the worthwhile post-“We Movin’” songs? Love this one

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Ones I like:
It's Time
My N*ggas

Ones I quite like:
I Excel
Red Magic

Jmil843 said...

Need to hear AZ on beats like this on the new album https://youtu.be/aDjs-Au9460

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah summat like that would be ideal.