Monday 30 December 2019

Generic list post: December 2019


Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when Jeremy Corbyn lost his second successive election to the Tories. Tony Blair would never.

Mac Dre - Dedication To The Crest (199?/2019)
Mustard ft. Roddy Ricch - Ballin' (2019)
Eatem - Spent It All (2019)
Yhung T.O - You Know (2019)
Mozzy - Big Homie From The Hood (2019)
Woodie - Karma Is A Mutha (2004/2019)
Yung Cat - Gangsta Shit (2019)

Other notables: I wish 70th Street Carlos' To The Max had a hook; I wish Boldy James & Alchemist's My First Offense had a hook and another verse (albeit not a verse from Alchemist lolz); I wish BlocBoy JB & Sada Baby's song didn't have any verses from Hoodrich Pablo Juan; I wish J Hus' new song wasn't so heavy on the Auto-Tune; I wish Drake's silly U.K Drill song makes all these U.K Drill rappers realise what a national embarrassment they are.

Bonus beats: 2019 late pass Rap playlist and the obligatory best Rap songs of 2019 post.

8 comments:

Yohan said...

Really like that Mozzy song. Thought he had a middling 2019 and then he drops that track.

L.A said...

Agreed on the Boldy James.

GGGGG said...

Jeremih Corbyn

Jmil843 said...

Lol at that Mozzy song sampling Mario “Let Me Love You”. Both great songs though.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Best Mozzy song since Sleep Walkin', imho.

Jmil843 said...

Did you like any other songs on that Boldy and Alc EP?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Dinavolino with the Cool Kids and Method To My Madness.

Pink C said...

Wow that Mozzy song is his best song since 'Bladahdah' IMO. I had actually been getting kind of bored of most of his recent output, and then like the guy above said, he comes out and drops this. The sample is fire too.