Monday 27 May 2024

It's the Dezzie Dez

The only 38 Dezzie songs I'd heard previously were pointless beatjacks of Baton Rouge classics so I'd never bothered to investigate him any further. Then David Drake sent me Dezzie's latest single My Shirt saying it's Martorialist-friendly. He's right because that shit sounds like Young Ready if he'd signed to Trill ENT in 2008 and recorded more music with Mouse in the vein of 1 Rubber. But there's a plot-twist: it turns out there's a 38 Dezzie & Mouse song from 2021 which is so Martorialist-friendly that it coulda been my bezzy m8 for the past 3 years. How u luh dat?

38 Dezzie ft. Mouse On Tha Track - On My Shit
(From On My Shit single; 2021)


7 comments:

Yohan said...

It's weird not having Kay Slay in rap. Dude's been a NY staple since I started listening to rap.

That said, great finds. That second song is especially great.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

The only DJ to ever play A-Mafia songs on New York radio.

Smell Rell said...

This is fire

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

🐭

Anonymous said...

Love that Mouse is still out here doing good work so many years after TRILL ENT’s heyday

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Truly.

Outlasted all his labelmates and is the last one standing still regularly making good songs and making other people's songs better.

David said...

'on my shit' is cool but its no 'my shirt' imo