Friday 31 May 2024

Generic list post: May 2024


Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when I found a TV gem I was hitherto unaware of: Vincent Gallo being interviewed by Johnny Vaughan on British television circa 1999. Bleeped for cursing and slander but still classic Prince Vince. Makes for an ideal double-bill with his appearance on the U.K show Movietalk.

Black Jesus & Snypa - G Notes (1997)
DaBanggaz314 - Run Up Get Dun Up (2009)
38 Dezzie ft. Mouse On Tha Track - On My Shit (2021)
Mello Buckzz - Move (2023)
GloRilla - Yeah Glo! (2024)
Ezale - Fun (2024)
Coyote - Devils Contract (2024)
Common & Pete Rock - Wise Up (2024)
Sexyy Red - She's Back (2024)
Myaap & Yonaa - Choppa Sound (2024)

Bonus bloggin: 1nce again I'm gonna use my monthly wrap-up post to keep track of the best movies and TV shows I've been watching. * indicates rewatches dunnit.

Movies I watched and liked:
The Cars That Ate Paris (1974)
Picnic At Hanging Rock (1975) *
Restless Natives (1985) *
The Truman Show (1998) *
Freeway II: Confessions Of A Trick Baby (1999)
Love Lies Bleeding (2024)
Challengers (2024)

TV shows I watched and liked:
Prisoner: Cell Block H (episodes 89 to 103) (1980)
Neighbours (new episodes) (2024)
Dead Set (all 5 episodes) (2008)
Inside No.9 (series 9 episodes 1 to 4) (2024)
Doctor Who (Space Babies episode) (2024)
Doctor Who (73 Yards episode) (2024)
Match Of The Day 1 and 2 (new episodes) (2024)

10 comments:

Spartan said...

"I had seen forty Ozu films in Paris in a row. And they were all in Japanese language, which I don’t speak; subtitled in French, which I never want to speak." 💀

I've never seen The Cars That Ate Paris. Were the Peter Weir films part of your film club?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Nah, After Hours is gonna be the first film club screening.

The Cars That Ate Paris was on at my other local spot (they have random old movies on every sunday.) Finally seeing it inspired me to revisit the 2 other Weir movies. Concluded that they're both still incredible.

Anonymous said...

Love Lies Bleeding and Challengers both surprised me with how good they were.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Challengers especially.

L.A said...

Girls with real jugs get in for free

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Standard, bra.

Tesse Wolfson said...

East coast (USA) people can make great art but they don't understand art.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

🤔

Tesse Wolfson said...

I was drunk when I wrote that and I admit it doesn't totally make sense but I still believe it!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

All we got in this world is our balls and our word.