Saturday 20 April 2024

My Mind Spray 14.5

Top 5 Rap interview lie of all time: Cage claiming he accidentally bit a prostitute's clitoris off via HHC magazine in the late 90s. All the more impressive given that late 90s Cage looked the sorta fella who thought a clitoris was some bloke who played for the Brazilian football team at the 1994 World Cup (hold ya head, Roberto Baggio.)

I hate when someone on eBay is selling a CD I want but they've taken a photo of the disc data side down on their mucky arse carpet. Who raised these melon-farming savages? I'd rather pay more and buy the CD from another seller than risk the CD turning up covered in dust and cat hair.

Let's piss off the purists: as far as 2024 old man-Rap goes, Brotha Lynch Hung's new single is vastly superior to Nas & DJ Premier's new single. Hung's single is a sleek evolution of his vintage sound, while the Nas & Primo song is so stodgy it's audio high cholesterol.

Rap beefs nowadays are just #content for Joe Budden, DJ Vlad, Akademiks, Adam22 and other such terrible gossip-mongering nonces to yap about. Still, if it stops Budden from actually releasing his Godawful music then long may his shitty podcast continue to flourish. How was it even possible to ruin the Pump It Up beat? Let some zombie-voiced wifebeater rhyme ONNNNNNN it, that's how.

11 comments:

Spartan said...

Lamenting over the days when we could cop an OOP, semi-obscure rap CD off Amazon for a few pence + shipping back in the noughties. We never had it so good.

Anonymous said...

I've had worse Rap CD buying experiences with discogs or music magpie than eBay. Got this one CD via discogs and the packaging was exemplary. However, on opening the bomb-proof packaging, it was as if the seller had taken to the shrink-wrapped CD case with a toffee hammer before tipping the shrink-wrapped fragments in the envelope. . I'll never buy from music magpie again either after the last CD I bought via them was caked in stoner-related grime. Gross.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Spart, Amazon sellers seem to be the worst offenders for jacking up prices nowadays.

Anonymous, damn x2.

d said...

Speaking of aul lads, you heard young bleeds album from last year? christian rap>>>>>>>>

https://youtu.be/Dy8aKWw7tN4?si=gIs7SjqfDbZJkYJs

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

you already know it!

Ben said...

New Nas/Premo is about as unimpressive as I expected its probably been atleast 15 years since I was legit excited for a Premo beat.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Last Primo produced song I liked was.... hmmm.... the Slick Rick joint. It's stodgy Primo by numbers too and I disliked it initially, but I grew to appreciate its lumpeness purely because it has Rick rhyming on it.

d said...

lol I first heard it here too according to that posts comments! ffs

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

AKA the post's comments where you put me onto 6Shot's album 🤝

CrowleyHead said...

I thought you liked that (of all things) Premier and Casanova song

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Oh yeah, that song is ace.

I thought of another unlikely Primo production from last decade I liked: Game's song with Master!