Sunday 17 April 2022

Be a father to Tha Camp

Young Bleed - Dat' Water
(From Dare' Iza' God album; 2022)



Best Bleed song in a Louisiana minute, love his sleepy uncle drawl on the hook. Young Bleed flipping Hamilton Bohannon's Singing A Song For My Mother into a Pentecostal preacherman baptism Rouge anthem is such a no brainer idea that I can't believe it hasn't happened until now. Shout out the apostles, God forgives Baton Rouge rappers with rogue apostrophes.

Hamilton Bohannon - Singing A Song For My Mother
(From Stop & Go album; 1973)



Name me a better mum song than Hamilton Bohannon's masterpiece. I'll wait.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to go listen now to see if there are any other good songs. I love Bleed. Top 5 Louisiana rapper IMHO

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Heaven's Angels is the jam too.

Ray Garraty said...

It has a few duds but a lot of good stuff as well

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Everybody dipped off in dat waaaaater.

L.A said...

I Got To Have It!

D said...

Oh this is so good man, exactly what I want from a Bleed song

"Top 5 Louisiana rapper IMHO" definitely

Another contender I've been listening to a lot lately is 6shot, he's up there w slim, juvie, mystikal, boosie, whoever to me n he's somehow only got one album despite being around just as long as any of em?!? idgi

D said...

Oh Fiend is up there too

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Don't know 6Shot. Will peep him.

D said...

He's been around since the early 90s, was on underground songs w spulja slim n klc pre no limit, finally dropped an incredible beats by the pound produced album in the early 00s, then idk got a 9-5 or some shit

You mighta heard this monster before or the beat at least
https://youtu.be/Hm6gtwEVjZE

D said...

He's kinda like a N.o. Roscoe p coldchain. You can Def hear his flow in ppl like wacko n skip imo

D said...

Ah wait not wacko n skip, I'm mixing them up w someone else here nm

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

🤯 That song is sick.

d said...

Def pick up The Actual Meaning, bananas album. KLC n the lads ripped it plus theres an r&b joint about not being circumsized

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Jockamo gotta be the world's best Rap song with a title which sounds like every ham & egger British bloke's favourite clobber website.

D said...

Lolol

Yeh they rly go for the second line shit on that album, it's raw