Saturday 30 April 2022

Generic list post: April 2022

Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when Pusha T reminded me that he's now an overwrought bore who was only good at sounding nonchalant over Neptunes beats next to his brother back in the noughties.

6 Shot - Jockamo (2001)
Natural Elements - Vroom Nemix (2017)
Stunnaman02 - Gut Check (2020)
Seiji Oda - WAKE UP (2022)
Ezale - Ironic (2022)
A-Wax - Streets Callin' (2022)
Homeboy Sandman - A! (2022)
Eatem - Lil' Phat Flow (2022)
Young Bleed - Dat' Water (2022)
Cookiee Kawaii - Fly Away (2022)
Laa Lee ft. Christale - Bong Bing (2022)
Real Lies - Dream On (2022)

Other notables: also a big fun of Stunnaman02 & Lil' Kayla's new N.OrCal Bounce back-and-forth Roll Wit' It; I think Universe is the first Mouse On Tha Track & BeatKing collaboration since Lumba; Duke Deuce's new single sounds like late-career Linkin Park lmfao.

Also wrote about beats I wish Slick Rick had got, dropped a list of my favourite beatjacks ever, and paid tribute to Dezzy Dez Slay.

15 comments:

Ray Garraty said...

I liked some of the new Pusha's tracks but the majority is boring AF, I agree

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Bring back Fam-Lay!

xanax fantasia said...

how anyone listens to new pusha t when "lord willin" is just right there... boggles the mind. let alone thinking the new stuff is interesting!


also i seem to have inadvertently converted my sister to "gut check" and she mostly listens to ariana grande... the hoodwinking is undeniable

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Hoodwinked! Ambushed! Bamboozled!
That's how Xanax Fantasia's sister feels when he's got her enjoying Gut Check.

Spartan said...

April also had Westwood get metooed and James Corden warning us in advance he's coming back.

Gutted.

xanax fantasia said...

you understand! gut check for the whole fam-lay !

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Westwood is gonna need protection in prison to stop the other prisoners nicking his Just For Men beard dye.

Yohan said...

Wake Up is probably my favourite Seiji Oda joint of this year so far.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Definitely.

I hope this turns out to be the official video.

Ben said...

Is it far fetched to say the only Pusha T related thing worth revisiting is Lord Willin. Even Hell Hath no Fury is kinda overrated in my opinion.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I like Hell Nath No Fury but Lord Willin' was definitely their peak.

Daps said...

Didn't know there was a Natural Elements 'Vroom' remix, nice one. I've always liked that beat but can't help thinking that's Mick Hucknall singing the hook.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

If only.

Fred said...

Talkin Clipse stuff, I used to really like the Re-Up Gang - We Got It 4 Cheap mixtapes. 3 is the one I jammed the most because I was on a DJ Drama tip when it came out, but there's some great stuff on all 3 I think.

Maybe not what one wants or expect out of Clipse, but those 2 songs one after the other used to get me everytime:

https://youtu.be/2BnFh56nqLI
https://youtu.be/jf29_fvi9HQ

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Almost included Emotionless in my beatjacks post.