Wednesday 15 November 2023

Fly away to the danger zone

"And the cops are on my tail
Musta done a thousand rails
I'm gonna end up in jail
Tell 'em all I'll see you in Hell"


The Guy - Sorry Buddy
(From Sorry Buddy single; 2023)



Back in 2009 who'd have ever thunk that blogfather photographer The Arab Parrot would end up on the other side of the camera a decade later with acting roles in a Liam Hemsworth movie and various TV shows? His unlikely career pivot just got even weirder because him & his flock just dropped the best Squawk & Roll song of 2023. With Parrot playing the role of Frank B and his m8 the mountain lion kid on 1987 Izzy Stradlin-level songwriting duty, they've turned Bird Lieutenant's personal conduct into a universal choon by imagining what would happen if The Modern Lovers wrote a Mรถtley Crรผe type-song for Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel. As Sam The Eagle probably said, the beak shall inherit the Earth.

Best thing I ever discovered on the old Arab Parrot blog? This fan-made video for Gucci Mane's I Move Chickens.

12 comments:

grimenlime said...

What you think of Solsa from e3?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Who dat?

Anonymous said...

Wow i knew the drug dealer guy in Betty looked familiar. Wild lol.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I've not seen that. Killerman seems to play on various UK Freeview movies channels every few weeks and it's always a trip to see him on British TV ๐Ÿ˜„

Fred said...

That Andre 3000 flute album ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I haven't listened to it. I probably won't ever listen to it.

grimenlime said...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v4uTnmhFKDY does uk rap & grime

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

๐ŸŽต Sorry buddy, I don't know that guy ๐ŸŽต

'Bob' said...

The Guy!

I still follow his Instagram, great character. Lord of blaggers.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

His stories from yesterday about what constitutes a universal crackin' anthem >>>>>> any professional music criticism in 2023.

Anonymous said...

I miss his blog, I was never able to find out what happened to him, but someone in comments said he does use instagram still?

I just remember pictures of him buying og 4lokos and when it made it on TMZ because he got an underskirt crotch shot of Paris hilton.

On his blog he always wrote a story about the night he slept with Pamela Anderson. It sounded true.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He never revealed whether they actually fucked or not. That was why it was such a great post ๐Ÿ˜„

Yeah, he's still on IG:

https://www.instagram.com/sorrybud/