Sunday 30 July 2023

Generic list post: July 2023

Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when Australia made up for itsbad sportsmanship in the cricket by dropping 2023's best horror movie so far.

The 45 King - Simply Dope Part 2 (1989)
Dizzee Rascal - Street Fighter (CDQ) (2002/2023)
Z-Ro ft. Shaq - Stop The Rain (2020)
Mic Terror - Lori Lightfoot (2023)
Mic Terror ft. Gzus Piece - Chinese Money (2023)
Gzus Piece - Rich Off Drugs (R.O.D) (2023)
Gzus Piece - Hibiscus (2023)
TREE - I Usually Say How I Feel (2023)
2Humpy & 2Rare - 2Humpy Anthem (2023)
J Hus - Massacre (Colors performance) (2023)
Philip Brophy - Shaan (1993)

Other notables: WTF by Valee & Harry Fraud with Twista has got me fiendin' for a Twista single produced by Harry Fraud; two years later we finally get a remix of Cootie & BiC Fizzle's Supafly; whoever A&Rs for Lola Brooke has clearly been listening to Eatem.

Other stuff: I showed love to Dick Fontaine's 1984 documentary Beat This: A Hip-Hop History and ended up defending Malcolm McLaren from Fontaine's criticism; EttelThun did an M.O.P deep cuts mix and of course he included 187.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great month for Chicago rappers

Ray Garraty said...

The new Valee is garbage

Yohan said...

The girlfriend trashed that Tree song so hard when I played it in the car this month. My 1 And Only Friend the third song I really like off that Tree album.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

😄 TREE definitely isn't GF-friendly.

"Is he drunk?"

"Why is he so homophobic?"

Spartan said...

Wasn't sure if Talk to Me was another overhyped A24 movie, or not. Cheers for that! Will check it out when I get the chance.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I'm surprised it's gotten such a wide cinema release. Ideal movie for those of us with zero interest in Oppenheimer, Barbie and the new Mission Impossible.

Anonymous said...

That TREE song may have bumped this to #2 in my TREE song rankings https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dgb56BP7AgE&feature=sharec

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

That's a good 'un.