Monday 30 November 2020

Generic list post: November 2020

Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when there was no sadder sight than European men masquerading as American political experts and arguing about Biden Verzuz Trump. You nerds need to cultivate some Yank interests which are actually fun - like Rap music, natch.

39 Posse - Got What It Takes To Make It (1991)
Mac Dre - Doin' What I Do (2001)
Jhi-Ali - My Way (2005)
Mac J - Sparky (2020)
NHale - In My Hood (2020)
Eatem ft. 70th Street Carlos - Spin The Bottle (2020)
M1llionz - B1llionz (2020)
Prince - Love Sign (Shock G's Silky Remix) (1998)
Moodymann - Just Stay A While (2020)
Michigan & Smiley - Tom's Diner (1990)

Other notables: OHFR? is the first Rico Nasty song I've kinda liked this year; listened to Goodie Mob's new album and I wish they'd replace Cee-Lo with Witchdoctor or Backbone or Nathaniel or damn near anyone who's ever appeared on a Dungeon Family album; Rio Da Yung OG should be forced to retitle his Accidental Shit Talkin' EP as Here's Some First-Take Freestyles I Can't Be Bothered Writing Any Hooks For; no matter how many times YouTube recommends it to me, I'm not listening to Kay Slay's Rolling 50 Deep 18 minute posse cut; shit I wasn't expecting this month: a Tinashe Xmas EP where she covers Wham's Last Christmas.

PS: last thing I wanna say - R.I.P Lil' Yase.

5 comments:

Yohan said...

That Rico Nasty song is pretty good indeed. Maybe the first song of hers I like since Smack a Bitch.

Thanks Tinashe, for making me realise I don't like Trap Christmas.

L.A said...

No Roc Marciano?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Only heard the single. It's alright but I'm totally burnt out on that whole style, for now at least.

Anonymous said...

No Survival Kit keepers for you? I was pleasantly surprised. I liked Cee Lo's hook on Me Tyme and everybody else did good on the rappin throughout. Maybe the old nostalgic longing for something new from such a great group is just kicking in and I'll feel different later on, but today it slaps! I like Prey4thesheep, Metyme and Back2Back. And Big Rube is on the album for crying in a cup!

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I'll revisit it again. The only song I've returned to a few times is... Curry Goat.