Saturday 28 November 2020

True story or no story part 6

"Ay' I'm a reptable
Treat him like he cut the line 'cause he next to go
I think I'm a timebomb, yeah I'm next to blow
He was talkin' all that beef 'til he a vegetable"


Mac J - Sparky
(From the internet; 2020)



Now I'm checkin' in, check me out. Missed this one last month but now I've caught up it's my fave Mac blast since OldSkoo. Hookless if you take the song at face value in homage to producer Sparky Made It Slap, once you realise Check Me Out was the O.G title then there is a sneaky hook in there like Abu Hamza in a cheap suit.

Whenever I listen to Mac J on Soundcloud and leave shit runnin', it always ends up playing some terrible Mac Miller song with Juicy J. No disrespect to the dead, but Mac Miller sex-raps were second only to Mindbender Futurama sex-raps in terms of sheer horrificness.

7 comments:

Ray Garraty said...

Mac J def is THE Cali rapper rn

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He's had a few dips in quality recently imo, but he's dropped a buncha singles throughout 2020 that I fuxwit:

Free Bris
No Fucc Shit
Siccame
OldSkoo
Adios
Go 1st
Sparky

Yohan said...

Another great song, Mac J's a top 3 rapper of 2020 for me (alongside Sada Baby and Flo Milli).

Do these guys even release EP/LP's anymore? My favourite online bootleggers never have any Bris/Mac J up and every time I check their YT, it seems it's just a loosie.

Also, maybe you've already seen it, but I really dig this year's song from Yung Cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LLXIp23oEo

L-Finguz on the beat, it slaps hard. I think he did the majority on last year's Suga Free album as well.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Mac J did that Big Headed album with Bris. Other than that he seems to stick to singles from what I can tell.

Missed that Yung Cat. Lemme check. Ah, it's another one of his flips of a Fat Tone classic.

Fat Tone's The Stick-Up Kid 'tape is well worth checking. It's on Datpiff.

Yohan said...

Man I really should check out that Fat Tone album. Flip or not, song is still in my top songs of the year list.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah, I'm feelin' it.

Cat's Fat Tone flips/homages have been his best music in the past couple of years.

GGGGGG said...

Just pulled the Mac Miller Juicy J cut up and regret it.