Thursday 23 March 2017

Slangin' humble pie and St. Ides in the same sentence

"Now I'm just a gangsta
Pimpin' connected n*gga, my stripes'll outrank ya
Aye, me and my 501's, lookin' for an endorsement
In 'em I'll make a fortune
All I ask is Levi to make ya pockets deeper
So my stacks of paper can fit in them and re-up"


Dru Down - My 501's
(From My 501's single; 2017)



It was inevitable My 501's would worm its way into Team Martorialist's affections eventually because this song has hidden charms for those of us who were in the mood for some new late-career Dru Down after Street Knowledge recently paid homage. Sometimes you've just gotta let a slap be a slap, so the trick with this joint is to forget the video where Dru's dressed like he's auditioning to join Jeremy Clarkson's Amazon show and remember how well he wore his 501's back in t'day. Et voilà, you have D Squared's code to menswear masquerading as an ode to Levi's: where sagging should stay above arse-level, and Hoet Laureates & regular blokes alike should aspire to look like outlaws at the O.K Corral rather than ponces on the Paris catwalk.

4 comments:

SE said...

Glad u came around, it's a jam 🤘

turd butt said...

if you can't touch your knees together then you're not even sagging. you guitar center hanging out ass, cody travis poodle ass motherfucker

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

You Woz right.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

"I'm grown, very little my pants sag
But nowadays n*ggas be showin' nuthin' but ass
UGGHUUUUHHHHHH
E-40 said it right
And I can't help but trip on people's pants so tight
Potna, that's for them bitches
Playa, that's if you white
Rock star or skateboarder
Let's get some law and order"