Friday 31 March 2017

Finally! (almost)

Once upon a time on the blogspot yo, I damn near begged for a rip of Juvenile's unreleased Cash Money Gorilla track from the 400 Degreez promo tape which was sent out to various journalists in 1998. It was to no avail because 5 years later in 2016 ya host was crossing his fingers that 2017 would be the year someone finally uploads that shit to t'internet. Guess what song Ca$h Money Records historian CM Degreez just posted a snippet of on his Instagram?


All that tiggedy tiggedy tongue-twisting shit does impress me when we've got Juve doing vocal gymnastics over vintage Mannie production like he's the NOLA's answer to Shabba - dem b(l)ow! Really need a full rip of this true holy grail and the other unreleased 400 Degreez promo tape exclusive.

Cheers to Max from XXL for the tip-off and the hat tip linkage.

16 comments:

James said...

Wow

Need this asap

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He says in the comments that he "can't leak it."

Me nan always told me that there's no such word as can't.

d said...

Man what were they thinking this is a monster 😲😲

just letting this loop rn

d said...

Rich Boy went back to make videos for his classics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpDkI2-t090

ppl keep doing this now its a good idea imo

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I listened to this on IG loop in the shower this morning. Consequently, it was the best shower I've had all week.

step one said...

It's 20 years old and was made available in some sort of format. Of course he can fucking "leak it" ffs

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Guy at the Redlite blog made a post about Rich Boy dropping vids for his older tracks last year. I'd totally slept on All I Know until then.

d said...

dying @ Juvies voice on the "under 600 a pound" bit

All I Know makes me sappy

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Baby's verse, clearly penned by Juve.

pinkchardonnay said...

Haha I love the 'Because I'm about my cheese playboy, at all times" and "If I die playboy, my family's straight' lines. The beat is so good too. I really hope they'll do the noble thing and put up the whole track somewhere! I wonder what the motive/backstory could be for not releasing it at this point in time so many years later.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

He sez he won't put it on his YouTube channel in case it gets his channel shut down for copyright infringement. Just Audiomack or Baseshare that shit then, m8!

sisilafami said...

ding dong look who got it https://www.instagram.com/p/BWb1ptTFfaIw-uYAPckMVuvqa9pCAT_ZJRLW640/

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Oh hit! 😨

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Fuck, deleted already 😠

Anonymous said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSQMj0ENaTw from Noz's radio show I think

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah, cheers. I snagged the MP3 of this from Hotbox.