Monday 27 May 2013

Reasons why I love Youtube # 42

For better or worse, The Martorialist is a blog that takes more pleasure from the little moments than the big occasions. For instance, the video of Jay-Z and Nas squashing their beef live at the I Declare War concert was of little interest to us because we were too busy watching the footage of Jadakiss choking onstage after Jay-Z announced him as the newest member of The Roc (why isn't the full version where Jay starts giving Jada the gasface online anymore?)

And so to a live battle your hosts hold as important as Kool Moe Dee versus Busy Bee at Harlem World in 1981 - the clip of a pre-Dipset Hell Rell getting his arse handed to him by Posta Boy on 106 & Park which was infamously used by Max B and French Montana to clown Ruger Rell on the WSHH.com trailer for Coke Wave :

"Homie, I put the thing in ya mouth
I'll leave ya brains on the stage so I see what you thinkin' about
Oh yeah, ya girl stopped at my house
She gave me CPR down low, playa, and not on my mouth
Play ya part before the nine come out
You got potential, you'll be nice around the time Shyne come out!"



Please spare a prayer tonight and ask your chosen higher-power for someone to upload the full battle segment where judges Lll' Wayne, Mannie Fresh and Baby unanimously vote Dipset's most fascinating weed carrier the loser.

1 comment:

James said...

"You was a baby gorilla then!"