Saturday, 11 July 2026

Surf youts with attitude, kinda groovy

BabyChiefDoIt - Ghetto Love Story
(From R.A.M.B.O album; 2026)


Nowadays you have to look for that Charlie Rambo waviness in places other than Max B's music. What a pleasant surprise to find it in a song by a teenage Chicago Drill rapper which sounds it could be on a new So So Def Bass All-Stars compilation. In fact, this is the most So So Def Bass All-Stars soundin' track since Freak Like Me by Slimeroni. Anyhoo, I'd call Ghetto Love Story my Song of The Summer™, but England is experiencing another 30+ degree heatwave and I'm ready for autumn already.

4 comments:

Ben said...

I still have yet to hear any of these recent French Max projects I’m scared lol.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Call me Mr Me Too.

Nordy said...

Oh man, this is musical Prozac...two seconds in, I was already lifted to a good mood. Love it.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

That new wave barbecue music, bitch!