Friday 2 February 2024

Late pass!

AyooLii ft. Myaap - On My Daddy
(From On My Daddy single; 2023)



Last August ya boi mentioned that two of my favourite songs from Milwaukeee's internet-sexy wave of current Rap were Myaap's HTS and AyooLii's Smackin' Crackin'. Had no idea that the pair of them dropped an equally twisty-turny Milwaukeee Slap-Magnifico together.. until now. One for the clap, two for the bass, go on boy & girl just smack that place. Result: wham, bam, it's a monster jam.

Hat tip to Crimedawgbylaw's selections on No Bells best 2023 Milwaukeee Rap round-up. Where is teh luv for Zae Shakur's Donuts In A Benz tho?

4 comments:

hotbox said...

had this bumpin in the car a few times this past week or so, can confirm it is a bop

we need a martorialist top 25 milwaukee list as well, i feel like a lot of this music is up your alley

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I'm only a very minor dabbler in this stuff. My 2023 faves:

Myaap - HTS
Myaap ft. Lil RB - Wham
Myaap - Automatic
AyooLii - Smackin' Crackin'
AyooLii ft. Myaap - On My Daddy
Zae Shakur - Donuts In A Benz
Zae Shakur - 2:41 AM

Yohan said...

Think I heard On My Daddy first on John's music blog last year, or stumbled on it myself when doing a Myaap deep dive. Liked it, but not as much as HTS (that drum pattern lives in my head) or Smackin' Crackin'.

Relevant: Myaap has a new EP out. Fairly disappointing but I really like Smackin': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4-SRiOkYHA&ab_channel=MyaaaP

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yeah I'm not feelin' the new EP 😕