Friday 29 December 2023

Dont mind me...

(It was irking me that this was an edited bolt-on to my 2023 late pass list so I decided to tidy house by giving it it's own post. By name I'm Messy Mart, but by nature I keep 'em clean tho like Lil' Fame. Me & this song are already in too deep together, and when I say in too deep I ain't talkin' about Sum 41's best single, boiiiiiiiii.)

Yohan popped up in my comments to skool me that there's a CDQ version of Jay Tee & Mac Dre's Do The Crew. Now THAT'S a magical Mac Dre manifestation for my ears. Proto Ain't No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None) freaky telly tales. Jonny Z, yous a fool for this one.

Jay Tee ft. Mac Dre - Do The Crew
(From Sig Tapes; 1990/Do The Crew single; 2018)



The Sig Tape joint I really want a CDQ version of is Ride To This by The MAC. Best song he ever recorded no IMHO necessary. Pretty sure a semi-CDQ version exists already because Khayree played a snippet of it during the This Is The MAC interlude thingy on Dre's Young Black Brotha compilation.

No comments: