Tuesday 3 October 2023

Born To Audiomack: Cousin Fik Quinary Of Quality

Fellow #MicTerrorHive member JMil swerved by my comment section to link a 2018 Cousin Fik & DJ Fresh loosie he claimed is Fik's best song since Bay Area 51. I agree it's a slap, but I disagree that Fik didn't drop slaps that are saucy like Prego in the intervening years. Lest we forget these Cousin classiks from the Sick Wid It gene pool industrial slapper complex.

1. Cousin Fik - Knocka N*gga Down (2012)
2. Cousin Fik ft. DB Tha General - Sickest N*gga Healthy (2012)
3. Cousin Fik - An I Pull Heauxs (2014)
4. Cousin Fik ft. E-40 - Go Ape (2014)
5. 22nd Letter - Blunt On Me (2015)


Alas, ya boi couldn't include my #actual favourite Cousin Fik song No Gravity on here because it comes from the same tape as Bay Area 51. In the Sic Wid It pantheon, No Gravity is It's Goin' Down for the Thizzler.com age. A personal classic from the blog-era that's a whole 'nother type of Cloud-Rap.

8 comments:

Yohan said...

Good list, didn't know Go Ape. I myself also like Hammer'd featuring Sleepy D & D-Lo and I think you put me on Water in the Bo.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Kaboom is another from from Fik's first tape:

https://youtu.be/hgzASOl94Y8?si=9xf6371u3zg8NviD

Jmil843 said...

lol. Thanks for the list. Only found Less Broke because of a best of recent DJ Fresh playlist

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Just had a flashback to a DJ Fresh Instagram song snippet with the ukulele lad which actually sounded sick. Don't think it's ever dropped.

xanaxfantasia said...

no love for "water in the bo" ???

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Hell yeah. Just not as much love as I do for Blunt On Me.

supremeblaqsquare [r.i.p. t.a.loc] said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU07m_12qgE

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I Am A Vampire was the best Droop-E track from Fik's 2nd tape IMHO.