Wednesday 8 February 2023

My Mind Spray 7

I'm starting a petition to ask MF DOOM's wife to release the shelved 1994 video for KMD's What A N*gga Know. That shit has to be the only footage of how Zev Luv X & Subroc were acting and dressing after their heel turn for the Black Bastards era.

Dear regional Rap reissue labels, please do a deluxe remastered CD of Boosie's Bad Azz Mixtape Vol. 2 with liner notes from Frankie Tha Lucky Dog. One of the best mixtapes ever or wot?

I wish Kookei would do some more songs like Incredible and Toknight because I much prefer him over those two beats than I do over them boring interchangeable Michigan beats which sound like every other boring interchangeable Michigan beat ever.

That said, I should be careful what I wish for. In the last My Mind Spray post I hankered for Ezale to do summat more longform than music videos, and now he's dropping loadsa stupid YouTube clips of him & his m8s watching UFC instead of releasing new music.

Grown men who buy Rapper toys are the absolute worst, but I couldn't resist a a Mac Dre Ronald Dregan bobblehead when I last visited Oakland, and a couple of days ago I pulled the trigger on that new Slick Rick figure. My justification: they're not toys for adults, they're Pop-Art ornaments!

13 comments:

Yohan said...

I was slightly disappointed to not even find a single mention of Mac Dre when I visited San Francisco last year. Closest I've come to experience something Bay Area rap related was when some homeless guy was blasting E-40 on a street corner.

The Mac Dre mug I copped last year has seen a lot of usage in the past few months though.

Spartan said...

Sign me up for KMD's What A N*gga Know video petition.

Funko Pop collectors and Bronies are the worst.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Yohan, I need to cop me one of those Mac Dre mugs too.

Spart, anyone over the age of 14 who has ever bought a Funko Pop should be imprisoned for 6 months IMHO.

Anonymous said...

"Grown men who buy Rapper toys are the absolute worst" no exceptions.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Guilty as charged!

Sadly, if someone released a Spoonie Gee figure I'd probably end buying that too 🤷

Anonymous said...

Not heard the Boosie mixtape before.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Story goes that it was the album he turned into Trill in 2007 but they rejected it. Lord knows why because it's his best solo release imho.

Anonymous said...

What a great Boosie mixtape. Probably his best full length after Ghetto Stories

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I concur x 2.

xanaxfantasia said...

one of the best long deleted noz tweets was along the lines of "they should free everyone in prison and imprison everyone who's ever bought a funko pop" 😭

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Funko Pop collectors = confirmed nonces.

Spartan said...

Nature is healing:

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/pop-funko-figures-30-million-landfill

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

😄 Doesn't surprise me. My local HMV is heaving with the damn things, some of which have been there for years.