Monday 6 February 2023

Real Lies Shit

Real Lies - Valentine
(From Various - RIFT Two compilation; 2023)



The thing about Real Lies songs is that what you take into them is what you get out of them. And so, to me, Valentine is a surrender to emotions; being sobered by feelings; what would happen if Giggs were a sad lad who fronted Everything But The Girl; the perfect companion to Everything But The Girl's actual new single where Tracey Thorn sounds a dead ringer for Holly Johnson. Real Lies sanger Kev Kharas did a brief guide to Valentine video and it turns out that what I get out of the song kinda tallies up with what he took into the song when he wrote it. Consequently, it felt like I was part of something 4 real.

Bonus beats: shout out to Larry-O & K-Def and all the lads.

7 comments:

Spartan said...

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for those goths again when I clicked on the vid.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Smoke one for Sophie Lancaster

xanaxfantasia said...

year001 compilation on the martorialist?!
u are dangerously close to getting drained marty... ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Is that good or bad?

This is the only song on there I fuxwit.

xanaxfantasia said...

bahaha it is an excellent thing! kind of like lil peep where u might have to do some digging but they have a lot of pretty great shit

ecco2k is definitely my favorite, he only has a couple solo projects that are definitely what got me into drain gang/ worth your time, this first one also got me into noise music:
https://soundcloud.com/aloegarten/sets/cr2015

also this early thaiboy digital song was a$ap yams certified back when that meant something lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVXboathW74

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I wonder whether Yams would have liked Seiji Oda? ๐Ÿค”

xanaxfantasia said...

in a parallel universe this leads to seiji oda exec producing the rihanna comeback album ๐Ÿซ