Wednesday 29 September 2021

Generic list post: September 2021


Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when The Rock was spotted driving around listening to Giggs' Talking The Hardest. Talk about "all gassed up now Ima slang me a rock" eh?

Max B - Bang Bang Boogie (2006)
Young Stoka - Dope Man Swagg (2011)
Eatem - Go Get Yo F*ckin' Brotha (video) (2021)
AZ ft. Keffa - Keep It Real (2021)
Mic Terror - OJ Simpson (2021)
Megan Thee Stallion - Thot Shit (2021)
Cootie & BiC Fizzle - Supafly (2021)
Jenevieve - Exit Wounds (2021)
The Freeze - I'm Too Good For You (1982/1997)
Olivia Rodrigo - Brutal (2021)

Other notables: impatiently waiting for Ezale's Hotel Motel; Mozzy's homage to Messy Marv's Tycoonin' is very welcome around these parts; Duke Deuce's WTF is cool but I'm waiting on his Lock 'Em In The Trunk remake meself.

Feel a bit noncey enjoying an Olivia Rodrigo song, but Brutal cranks way harder than any of the new Rock shit currently on rotation on KerrangTV dunnit? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What’s with Mic T and Gzus Piece having songs named after OJ? Lol.

Jmil843 said...

Any others stand out on that new Mic T?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

There is. He needs to put the album on Soundcloud so I can post some jams.


Anonymous said...

Triple H might be a big Skepta fan lol.

Yohan said...

That Jenevieve album was how I imagined a Tinashe album should've sounded like ~3 years ago. I really liked it.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Tinashe's new album is supposed to be good but I still haven't checked it.

Yohan said...

Didn't like it on first listen but will admit I wasn't fully focused.

Hopefully that Duke Deuce song gets released sometime soon.

Spartan said...

Have you watched Karen yet, blud?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Nah. Any good?

I haven't seen anything since Censor except random old shit on Talking Pictures TV like Who Killed The Cat and Ooh - You Are Awful.

Spartan said...

It’s hilariously offensive and bad; even out does the new Candyman.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Ok, you've sold it to me.

Jmil843 said...

Mic T got the whole album on YouTube https://youtu.be/JOyRKXOqT1M

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I dunno why he won't put his music on Bandcamp, especially since Can I Borrow A Feeling? was the first thing I bought off there in 2010.