Monday 2 August 2021

Think BIG

"Last year I told n*ggas put they gun down
**WHAT HAPPENED??**
They shot Kool John, I got a gun now
We gotta be on ten just to have some fun now
But the racist killer cops ain't gettin' gunned down"


Stunnaman02 & QuakeBeatz - Big Steppin'
(From I Gotta Feel It album; 2021)



Shouts out to Marty Robbins, we in this bitch! No lie, comin' across Big Steppin' gives me the same sorta thrill I had when I first came across Nef The Pharoah's Big Tymin' - the excitement of findin' a current NorCal anthem with the potential to be a future Slap Classico. Nothin' remotely original, but a bit of personality and a lot of bass go a long way.

2 comments:

Yohan said...

Great find, straight to my 'best of 2021' playlist.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Fun makes the ideal B-side.