Sunday 1 March 2020

THANK YOU, GREASED GOD!


Max B - Phenomenon
(From Wave Pack compilation; 2020)



Plot twist: just when I'd given up on Max B makin' any new fly shit he reconnects with Dame Grease and that old nu-wave BBQ music magic reappears. In fact, I'd swear this was an unreleased joint from 2009 if it weren't for the mentions of Arianna Grande's flat bum and the UK's premier Drill Rapper 21 Savage. Something like a phenomenon, Liverpool's run is dead but the Wave's alive.

Alongside A-Mafia's Wunn, this is the 2nd Legit Jam™ by a Dipset affiliate to mention Harry Belafonte in the space of 4 months. It's a new Day-O for the Purple City (jail)Byrdgang?

7 comments:

Ray Garraty said...

I thought it was just a collection of old hits. If not, I'm on it.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

It's 2 new songs + remastered versions of 24 of his best songs.

SE said...

a pleasant surprise. still don't know how he's recording, nor do i really wanna know.

Ben said...

I've passed over anything new involving Max B mostly cause I seen an A Boogie feature on that EP last year and got scared but I may check this out seeing how most of his music the mastering leaves something to be desired.

Smell Rell said...

This is beautiful. Dame Grease is so underrated.

Anonymous said...

How’s the other new song?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

It's okay. Dame Grease didn't produce it.