Saturday, 15 August 2026

My Alphabets

I saw Instagram's alphabet musical challenge and a light bulb appeared above my dome. Man, I said to myself "once again it's on!" Thus, here's ur boi's favourite Rap songs for every letter of the alphabet. It's more of headache if you do it one song per artist, so of course I did it thatta way. Bloggin' ain't nothin' but a thing to me, because I'm a double O.G P-O-S-T. Do you know your alphabets, Martaveli? B-L-O-G.

Young Bleed - A Fool (1997)
De La Soul - Breakadawn (1993)
Andre Nickatina - Conversation With A Devil (2003)
MF DOOM ft. Pebbles - Doomsday (1999)
Eazy-E - Eazy-er Said Than Dunn (1988)
Mac Dre - Feelin" Myself (2004)
LL Cool J - Go Cut Creator Go (1987)
Ice-T - High Rollers (1988)
Mic Terror - If God Was Mic (2008) or Special Ed - I Got It Made (1989)
Newcleus - Jam On Revenge (The Wikki Wikki Song) (1983)
T.I. - Kingofdasouth (2003) or Biggie - Kick In The Door (1997)
Spoonie Gee - Love Rap (1980) or Eric B. & Rakim - Lyrics Of Fury (1988)
Z-Ro - Mo City Don (Freestyle) (2005)
Public Enemy - Night Of The Living Baseheads (1988)
Ice Cube - Once Upon A Time In The Projects (1990)
Run-D.M.C. - Peter Piper (1986)
DJ Quik - Quik Is The Name (1991)
Beastie Boys - Rhymin' & Stealin' (1986)
Brand Nubian - Step To The Rear (1990)
Too $hort - The Ghetto (1990) or Slick Rick - The Moment I Feared (1988)
Juvenile - U Understand (clean version) (1999)
Biz Markie - Vapors (LP version) (1988)
Max B - Where Do I Go? (2009)
Dr. Dre ft. Hittmann, Kurupt, Nate Dogg & Six-Two - Xxplosive (1999)
EPMD - You Gots To Chill (1988)
Lil' Boosie ft. Mouse & Yung Joc - Zoom (2006)

22 comments:

step one said...

Go on then

Young Jeezy, YG & Yo Gotti - Act Right
Black Moon - Buck Em Down (remix)
Harlem World - Cali Chronic
Dr Dre - Dre Day
Jay Electronica - Exhibit A
Eric B & Rakim - Follow The Leader
Scarface - Guess Who's Back
Juvenile - Ha
Diplomats - I Really Mean It
Big Daddy Kane - Just Rhymin With Biz
Cam'ron - Killa Cam
Heltah Skeltah - Let Tha Brainz Blow
Real Live - Money & Shows
Nas - No Ideas Original
Kool G Rap - On The Run
Public Enemy - Public Enemy #1
Red Cafe - Heart & Soul
Jay Z - Show You
Bone Thugs - Thuggish Ruggish Bone
AZ - Undeniable
Raekwon - Verbal Intercourse
DJ Numark ft Large Professor- When You Sleep
Dr Dre - Xxplosive
Ice Cube - You Know How We Do It

step one said...

I did this in the pub and just realised I fucked up a bit but its still a good list innit

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Did you really do it in the pub? Impressive work if so.

step one said...

Yeah mostly. Over a few hours with a couple of large Spotify playlists as a reference though!

Spartan said...

Great post.

Madvillain - All Caps
Public Enemy - Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos
Ice T - Colors
Big L - Devil's Son
De La Soul - Eye Know
Whodini - Friends
Danger Mouse & Jemini - Ghetto Pop Life
World's Famous Supreme Team - Hey DJ
Raekwon feat. Ghostface Killah, Method Man & Cappadonna - Ice Cream
Cru - Just Another Case
Biggie - Kick in the Door
Doug E. Fresh and Slick Rick – La-Di-Da-Di
LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out
The UMC's - Never Never Land
Smut Peddlers - One By One
Roc Marciano - Pistolier
Mobb Deep feat. Lil Kim - Quiet Storm (Remix)
Ghostface Killah feat. Jadakiss - Run
AZ & Nas - Serious
Audio Two - Top Billin'
Naughty By Nature - Uptown Anthem
Biz Markie - Vapors
KMD - What a N***a Know?
Dr. Dre featuring Hittman, Kurupt, Nate Dogg and Six-Two - Xxplosive
Big Daddy Kane - Young, Gifted and Black
J-Zone - Zone for President

Q, X and Z were the toughest.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

X is such a difficult one that we've all gone for Xxplosive so far.

One By One pick 👌

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I had to add I Got It Made as a 2nd letter I option. It is the greatest I Rap song, but I absolutely love If God Was Mic too. #MicTerrorHive

Pour Out A Little Liquor as an honourable mention for the letter P.

step one said...

Just need to add in:
Common - Resurrection (remix) [instead of Red Cafe / gah!]
Lootpack - Questions
Klashnekoff - Zero

Bobby Dee said...

Go on then, I had a go.

Devin – Anythang
Biz Markie – Biz Is Goin’ off
Beastie Boys – Car Thief
Superlover Cee and Casanova Rudd – Do the James
Ultramagnetic MC’s – Ego Trippin
Lord Finesse – Funky Technician
Money Boss Players – Gunplay
Erick Sermon and Keith Murray – Hostile
UGK – International Players Anthem
Big Daddy Kane – Just Rhymin with Biz
De La Soul – Keepin the Faith
Above the Law – Livin Like Hustlers
Z-Ro – Mo City Don
KMD – Nitty Gritty (Dog Spelled Backwards)
Ghostface Killah – One
Kool G Rap – Poison
MF DOOM -? (Question)
Organized Konfusion – Releasing Hypnotical Gases
Scarface / Akshen – Scarface (OG Version)
Audio 2 – Top Billin
Group Home – Up Against the Wall (Getaway Car Mix)
Main Source – Vamos A Rapiar
Diamond D & The Psychotic Neurotics – I Went for Mine
Dr Dre - XXxplosive
Lord Finesse and Big L – Yes You May (Funk Flow Mix)
Juicy J / Lex Luger – Zip and a Double Cup

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Xxplosive strikes again.

Damn, ? (Question) might be the ultimate Q choice.

Yohan said...

Only decent alternative for 'Xxplosive' I was able to come up with was Luniz 'X.O.'

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Oh yeah.

If only Little Bruce had done a title track for his XXXtra Manish album.

step one said...

There is also X by Xzibit and DMX - X Gonna Give It To Ya but cant they arent really Martorialist material

admiral said...

We can save the arguments about articles like "the" counting in letter sorting...

Pretty Tone Capone - Across 110th St.
Diplomats feat. Master P - Bout It Bout It (part 3)
GZA feat. Inspectah Deck and D'Angelo - Cold World (remix)
Ghostface feat. Raekwon and Cappadonna - Daytona 500
De La Soul - Ego Trippin' (Part Two)
Big Pun - Fast Money
Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde - Genius Rap
La the Darkman feat Killa Sin - Heist of the Century
Pacewon - I Declare War
Jungle Brothers - J. Beez Comin' Through
Eric B. and Rakim - Know The Ledge
Bushwick Bill - Letter from the KKK
Binary Star - Masters of the Universe
Spoonie Gee and Treacherous Three - New Rap Language
Prime Minister Dope (Tuff Crew) - Old School Jackin
Krown Rulers - Paper Chase
BDP - Questions and Answers (remix)
Big Noyd feat Prodigy - Recognize and Realize (part 1)
JVC Force - Strong Island
Gangstarr - The Illest Brother
Vinnie Paz feat. RA the Rugged Man - Uncommon Valor
B-1 - Verbal Affairs
Baby feat. Clipse - What Happened to That Boy
X Clan - Xodus
AZ - Your World Don't Stop (Original)
Afrika Bambaataa - Zulu Nation Throwdown (Soulsonic Force)

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Was not expecting Vinnie Paz in your list 😄

Glad to see New Rap Language make an appearance.

admiral said...

You have to fast forward his verse to get to RA’s 😉

Yohan said...

I present the Bay Area edition:

Seiji Oda - Aero
C-Bo - Birds In The Kitchen
Dru Down - Can You Feel Me
Husalah - Da Mob
Nef The Pharaoh - Essence
Mac Dre - Feelin' Myself
Kreayshawn - Gucci Gucci
The Click - Hurricane
Trunk Boyz - I Can Tell featuring Seiji Oda, Lil' Ricefield & Ajaya James
A-Wax - Jetsons
DB Tha General - Knock U Down featuring Rico Tha Kidd
Souls of Mischief - Live and Let Live
Keak Da Sneak - Maxi Pads
Tha Jacka - Never Blink featuring J. Stalin & Dubb 20
Berner - One Sound featuring The Jacka
Digital Underground - Packet Man
E-40 - Quarterbackin' featuring The Clipse
P-Lo - Regular
Mac Mall - Sic Wit Tis
Casual - Turkey & Dressing
NhT Boyz - U Ain't From featuring The Jacka
The Pack - Vans
Spice 1 - Welcome To The Ghetto
Tha Luniz - X.O.
LaRussel - Yankin' featuring D-Lo & Malachi
Andre Nickatina - Zestways featuring The Jacka & Husalah

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Was hoping you'd come through with a list. You didn't disappoint. Zestways is a great Z selection.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Beeda Weeda's Bass Rock Babies (o,g version) is definitely an honourable mention for my letter B.

Yohan said...

It's very hard to stop making these lists. Have been listening to a lot of Houston rap since I read Pimp C's biography, my Houston version:

Devin the Dude - Alright
Big Moe - Barre Baby
C.O.D. - Clever Word
Bun B - Draped Up featuring Lil' Keke
Bushwick Bill - Ever So Clear
Odd Squad - Fa Sho
Lil Flip - Game Over (Flip)
Big Mike - Havin' Thangs featuring Pimp C
Willie D - I'm Goin Out Like A Soldier
Scarface - Jesse James
Yungstar - Knockin' Pictures off Da Wall
Slim Thug - Like A Boss
Geto Boys - Mind's Playing Tricks
Paul Wall & Chamillionaire - N Luv Wit My Money
UGK - One Day featuring Mr. 3-2
The Convicts - Penitentiary Blues
Maxo Kream - Quarterbaccs
Sauce Walka - R.I.P. Buddy
Paul Wall - Sittin' Sideways featuring Big Pokey OR Lil Keke - Southside
Fat Pat - Tops Drop
Ganksta Nip - Uncle Sam
K-Rino - Verbal Execution
Lebra Jolie - What Kinda OR Lil' Troy & friends - Wanna Be a Baller
The Terrorists - Xecution
Monaleo - We On Dat
Z-Ro - Z-Ro

Yohan said...

For sure re: Beeda Weeda. Love that song, I’d say it’s very close

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Damn, gotta appreciate the dedication