Wednesday, 29 July 2026

You 53 and you still rappin?

Kurupt & DJ Battlecat - Me N The Boyz
(From Me N The Boyz single; 2026)


This is the west coast Gangsta-Rap equivalent of Redman doing a track over a James Brown sample innit? Yeah, it's obvious and lazy, but who cares because it jams. Why does Snoop get an official credit here when he's not on the song or in the video?

9 comments:

Ben said...

I heard another new track from them and was legit surprised how good it was i don’t have any expectations but I’ll peep the new album.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

One thing is for certain, you can trust Battlecat's production.

L.A said...

Boss track. Always liked Kurupt.

admiral said...

There should be a tribunal for rappers who are still rhyming Inglewood/Good in 2026. Production is on point though...

I really wish Rakim would just concentrate on releasing a proper solo album rather than creating an awkward group with Kurupt and Masta Killa

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

YouTube keeps trying to push some new Rakim single on me. I'm resisting clicking on it.

CrowleyHead said...

Is that not Snoop singing on the hook?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

You reckon?

Anonymous said...

Rakim can still really rap but he's still got that Nick wiz bum who's been his go to guy doing the beats smh.

I personally was amped to hear there's be a kurupt masta killa rakim album but that's just me lol

D

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I like to pretend that Rakim's song with Lil' Fame from the late 2000s is his final song.