Tuesday 23 August 2022

Mob Trial 4 coming soon?

Deviosy ft. Young Jr - GlockLover
(From GlockLover single; 2022)



Mob Figaz meets Mobb Deep vibez on this single by one of the Bird Walk guy's sidekicks & the Bird Walk guy himself. Mob Figaz because it sounds like it could be from a 4th installment of the Mob Trial compilation series, Mobb Deep because the song's topic is Gun Love. Gonna use this one as the B-Side to Bird Walk because it's a good opportunity to post that song again for doz that slept. What I really really want out of random NorCal Rap is anthems which give me the same feeling I got when I first heard No Hoe. Much like Big Tymin', Bird Walk gave me ALL the feels with a New Orleans twist.

Young Jr - Bird Walk
(From Bird Walk single; 2022)



NorCal Rap with a Michigan influence? Despicable. NorCal Rap with a New Orleans influence? Sensational.

11 comments:

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

GAH! Turd Butt I accidentally deleted your comments.

Yeah, R.I.P Street Knowledge. Dru Down Flow is a personal classic.

Yohan said...

GlockLover has the distinct Detroit/Flint drum pattern to my ears though. The vocal sample takes the beat over the top though, it's really good.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I don't listen to enough Michigan stuff to know if that's true about GlockLover's drums, but the vocal sample + the synth are pure Mob Figaz innit.

Anonymous said...

Lol at the Janet Jackson sample

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I didn't catch that. What song?

Anonymous said...

“Anytime, Anyplace”

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Cheers, anon. Good usage.

Anonymous said...

gotta mention stu hustlah here, who i discovered on your 2013 year end list with let off the strap.
This song young jr song is just as strong as the stu song though. Great find.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I knew I knew that synth from something else but couldn't remember what.

Let Off The Strap - what an excellent slice of Jackacore that song was. I need to revisit.

Paco said...

i was convinced that j.stalin rapped over the beat and not stu hustlah, so i revisited prenuptial agreement and the real world 3 before getting to stu. Definitely worth it.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Prenuptial Agreement definitely one of his best off Red & Blue Lights and D-Boy Blues alone.