Friday 26 November 2021

Hella Tardi

DJ Fresh & Nef The Pharoah - Giggerz
(From The Tonite Show album; 2021)



A Fresh & Nef Tonite Show is something which should have happened in 2016, but better late than never. Fave song on this shit is a good example of parallel universe Rap: what if Saturday Night Fever '08 Hyphy was a thing? Dunno if that's a sample or live keys, but, either way, DJ Fresh is a beast with pianos. No, really doe:


Not to toot my own trumpet, but me calling him Thizz Khalifa is still the best description I've ever seen of Nef The Pharoah's music.

9 comments:

Grant Cohn said...

Did he say now they going 18 dummy in a ambalamps?

Good year for Bay Area rap.

Jmil843 said...

Go to hear Nef having fun again. Is Nor Cal the only region make fun music anymore?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

There's a few artists from other regions that are capable of fun, but, as a region, probably.

I suppose some of that post-Carti hyperpop stuff could be described as fun, but that sound is no fa me.

Fred said...

Need to check out the whole thing, also this post makes me realize that Neffy Got Wings was 5 years ago and I don’t think I’ve listened to a single Nef song since then.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Couple of personal fave Nef singles you've missed:

Bling Blaow (2017)
ABC (2020)

Smell Rell said...

Some slaps on this

Jmil843 said...

“I Need Cheese” would be my fav if it was a solo track

Yohan said...

Keeping it in the Bay Area, Mac J has a new album out: https://open.spotify.com/album/0yODtGOCpT8WANn9Mkdc5F

Haven't listened to this except for "Same Enemys" and "Geiny". Out of the two, "Same Enemys" definitely feels like the better track. Here's hoping there's anything as good as "Gotta Grudge" on there.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Ready Or Naw is THE joint on there.