Friday 21 June 2019

Paul Blogba @ BlocSpot.com

"John Wall, Wizard
Dan Buehler, kick ya
We don't shake no hands with the opposition, n*gga
LA Clipper
Eastside Cripper
Keep playin' with my dogs 'til I make 'em go and sic ya"


BlocBoy JB - Mercedes
(From I Am Me album; 2019)



Still not quite a Mercedes of the Heather Graham in License To Drive caliber, but the video has totally sold ya host on this song (often happens with BlocBoy JB videos for moi: also see No Chorus Part 11, Licks, and House Party.) BlocBoy is the only HUMUDA HUMUDA HUMUDA-flow/SKKRRT SKKRRT-ad lib Rapper whose music I find appealing - it's that gleeful energy of his wot sets him apart innit.

6 comments:

Yohan said...

Really like Mercedes, probably my favourite song of his this year. What do you think about last years No Velcro?

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I liked that one too.

Ray Garraty said...

The album is not bad.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

I've condensed it down to a maxi single of Mercedes, House Party, and Copy.

GGGGGG said...

This beat is so Memphis.

SE said...

Had to look Dan Buehler up. Maybe he meant Dave Buehler, a kicker who had a short career with the Cowboys? If so, it's a top-tier sports reference, despite the botched name.